Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Juliet condo | 44m | 14-storeys | Built - completed in Oct 2008

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#461 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:56 AM

I think the interior demo work was done by Hazco.

#462 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

A few pictures from today. Still working on the finishing touches, including the glass panels on the roof and the storefronts.

More updates on other downtown construction later tonight.

#463 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

I really like the lines in that last photo. But the blank wall REALLY needs a mural.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#464 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

A colourful mural would be great. Or a colourful climbing plant of some sort.

#465 Pask

Pask
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

Article on Juliet from the October Award Magazine:

http://www.julietliv...azine-Oct08.pdf

#466 victoriaguy

victoriaguy
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

The Tim Horton's opened yesterday (Friday) morning.
The lights on the front of the building (the curved part) were on last night. I think they are supposed to point directly upward/downward, but whoever installed them has one or two slightly off, which in my opinion, ruins the effect. Hopefully someone fixes that!

#467 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:51 PM

The Juliet ad in today's T-C indicates an expected occupancy permit within 2 weeks.

#468 Pask

Pask
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

We just received our occupancy/move-in date...November 25th.

I am so excited!!!

#469 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

Just two or three sets of pictures should be fine. No need to go overboard for our sakes.

#470 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

Went by about 5:15pm and there was a small reception in progress in what looked like the Chard offices, tables plates and quaffers could be seen.

#471 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

Juliet is looking good in this new picture:

http://www.flickr.co...N00/3021763052/

#472 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Nice picture, but did you get a look at this one, wherein the photographer captured the rainbow that hovered over Victoria a couple of days ago (yesterday?, day before?)? The rainbow looks like it's literally shooting out of (or landing on top of) the Juliet's roof!

Woo-hoo, "to infinity and beyond!" (- Buzz Lightyear) :P
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#473 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

I was just at a little party at the Juliet! I got to meet Mr. Chard and got a tour of some of the units still for sale. If I wasn't just a poor draftsman I'd be tempted to buy one, some of the prices are almost reasonable. The suites are very very nice, although parts of them have popcorn ceilings which is really a mark of low quality and I have no idea why they'd do that. But overall it's a lovely building on the inside! And of course Mr. Chard is just as nice as I've heard he was, it was great to finally meet him.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#474 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

(http://www.asktoolta...orn_ceiling.php)

#475 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

I was just at a little party at the Juliet! I got to meet Mr. Chard and got a tour of some of the units still for sale. If I wasn't just a poor draftsman I'd be tempted to buy one, some of the prices are almost reasonable. The suites are very very nice, although parts of them have popcorn ceilings which is really a mark of low quality and I have no idea why they'd do that. But overall it's a lovely building on the inside! And of course Mr. Chard is just as nice as I've heard he was, it was great to finally meet him.

Ah, I thought I saw someone there with a glass in each hand and one in each pocket!:D

#476 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

I went to the Chard reception too, just to get a look at their suites. I LOVED the suite on the curved corner. What a fantastic view of Victoria! I need to move downtown.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#477 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

Four of the large leafy trees in front of the Juliet on the Johnson St. side have been removed. I walked by them a couple of weeks ago and they looked half dead. These didn't seem like the right type of trees to have on a downtown sidewalk anyways as they were very leafy all the way down the the ground, not like most trees that have a portion of bare trunk. The were good sized trees though, must have been 25 feet tall. I wonder who paid for them and I wonder who will pay for their replacements.

I also saw lights on in some units last night.

#478 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

I LOVED the suite on the curved corner. What a fantastic view of Victoria! I need to move downtown.

I saw unit 1201 which has the curved living room (it's a corner unit) and fabulous views from each bedroom as well. I walked in from the relatively dark elevator and hallway and literally gasped, saying "wow!" This was Thursday during the day and nice weather, and the suite was flooded with sun and light. It was really, really appealing. I'd live there, if we didn't have a dog that has to go outside for regular, uh, visits to the grass, and my current trailerpark is quiet and understanding if I pop out in my nightie with the dog at 11 p.m. Alas, I couldn't do that in a downtown condo; I just wouldn't feel safe and the other folks wouldn't like it much. :) Even though it's a quite modest pink flannel nightie.

I saw 209 as well--one bedroom, darker, some view, and a translucent sliding door between the bedroom and living room areas. It has a big closet, which is nice, and two Juliet (of course) balconies.

Anyway, the building is quite nice, in my humble opinion.

#479 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

Is this building officially "complete," now?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#480 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

I don't think so. There were still workmen about, going in and out of suites, and on the exterior of the building (!) at the top.

I forgot to mention that I'm not happy with heights, and got a little case of the willies looking out and down the curving window of 1201, but felt perfectly comfortable on the rooftop area walking around. The views are great, needless to say.

I've seen Craigslist ads for rentals that say there's going to be a hot tub on the roof, but didn't see any sign of that. Rumour or true?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users