Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Juliet condo | 44m | 14-storeys | Built - completed in Oct 2008

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#81 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

That's expensive.

#82 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:08 AM

It's comparable to other units in the city at the high end of the small unit market. Though there are other units in the city for sale right now with two bedrooms and over twice the space for the same price, and they can be haggled for.

#83 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:55 AM

But the Juliet was supposed to be touted as a more affordable option.

#84 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

Affordability is a relative term. If you were thinking of the Juliet as being a building which served the low low end of the market, such a building wouldn't have an outdoor rooftop movie theatre. The Juliet is affordable compared to Bayview and the Falls.

#85 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:32 PM

But the falls and Bayview are the highest if the high in this city. I don't they're good examples.

I love the Juliet building, but anyone lured by that rooftop movie theate and is willing to pay extra for it, probably including higher condo fees, isn't thinking logically. How many nights of the year could you say you'd be able to sit comfortably outside at night? Now how many nights would at the top of a highrise? And how many nights would you choose to spend up there as opposed to on your comfortable couch in your warm living room? If it were me, maybe 1 or 2 a year.
It's a glitzy, yet pointless selling feature.
Like I said, Ilove the building.

#86 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

^ If they showed **rno movies it would be one thing, but I bet there are dumb rules for that movie theatre like no sex or violence.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#87 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

I don't care about the video screen but the rooftop patio and also the hot tub would be big perks for me. Especially the patio. Who cares if your unit doesn't have a view? You can go up to the roof whenever you want! I'd like to see all new buildings offer this feature. Seems so simple to me.

#88 Ben Smith

Ben Smith
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Man...The Juliet will look odd next to that dirty, old parking garage...

They should get rid of it and add some more CONDOS :-D

#89 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

I must have missed that population report from the Downtoan Residents' Association!

#90 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:31 PM

Juliet is about 40% sold out at this point. It's been on the market since early Fall, no?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#91 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

Funny I went and had a good look at the excavation thios afternoon. Sorry I didn't have my camera with me. Anyways looks like they have finally hit some bedrock down there. They have also spray painted some lines along the bottom of the site. Looks like they are close to full excavation.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#92 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

Wow, no action in this sub-forum since Sunday afternoon? Let's get out there people and dig up some rumours!

Excavation is done and concrete forms are being built for the basement of Juliet.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#93 Pask

Pask
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

Hi all! Excellent site. I actually purchased a unit in the Juliet so any photo's of the construction would be much appreciated. Living in Calgary it is tough to keep up with what is happening there.

Thanks

#94 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:28 AM

Welcome!

Well no pic but I walked by yesterday and the footings for the crane are there they just need to do some pouring.

Are you from Vic or a newbie?

All newbies must swear to not disapprove of future buildings after their arrival ;)

It has a whole new look!

#95 Pask

Pask
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

I'm a newb. Will be moving to Vic. once the condo is complete. Sometime 2008.

#96 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:59 AM

Hi Pask, and welcome to the forum. You made a great investment with the Juliet as David Chard is an excellent developer.

For more information, and upcoming construction shots (things are being updated across the site at this point) keep your eyes on this page:

http://vibrantvictor.../mcp/juliet.htm

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#97 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:15 AM

Big pour going today. Won't be too long before we see a crane on site.

It has a whole new look!

#98 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

Didn't people see an owl on Fort Street recently?

#99 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

But he was only here as part of a travelling Shakespeare show.

It has a whole new look!

#100 Ben Smith

Ben Smith
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

One or two weeks ago I happened to walk past the Juliet Site...

:shock: How big is that hole in the ground?? Must be greater than 40 feet deep!

Big footprint for an eight floor highrise!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users