Threesixty Board Shop? Herald St.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

Anyone know what's up?
I walked by today and it was all gated and closed up. Mail sitting. No notice in the window.
:confused:

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

Anyone know what's up?
I walked by today and it was all gated and closed up. Mail sitting. No notice in the window.
:confused:

Hmmm. I know that it was run by a couple, M/F but not married, and it was at least initially financed by the family/parents of one. That couple broke up in the last year and one bought the other out, or was to. Maybe that arrangement did not work out.

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

^ I knew them way back. They did quite well. I believe it her parents money that supplied the store.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

^ I knew them way back. They did quite well. I believe it her parents money that supplied the store.

Didn't they win the lottery or something, that helped fund it?

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

I am not sure about that. Possible. They were a very cute couple at least in the 90's when I knew them.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

Didn't one of the owners drive a massive black Ford or Chevy pickup with 3 foot wide tires?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

Didn't one of the owners drive a massive black Ford or Chevy pickup with 3 foot wide tires?

They had several hot vehicles.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

I wouldn't have necessarily called that thing hot, but it definitely drew everyone's attention.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Well nothing has changed since last week. Still no notice up. Mail at the door. Gated. :(

#10 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

Walked by today and they are open, running a bankruptcy sale. Everything 30% to 80% off.
I didn't have time to stop in to ask how long they are open. I might get back downtown later though.

#11 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Heard a rumour of a bad break-up and one of them purposefully running it into the ground out of spite.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#12 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

Heard a rumour of a bad break-up and one of them purposefully running it into the ground out of spite.

eewww. If true that's really sad and small-minded.
I know my son was really disappointed to hear it's gone. He bought all his stuff there.

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hmmm. I know that it was run by a couple, M/F but not married, and it was at least initially financed by the family/parents of one. That couple broke up in the last year and one bought the other out, or was to. Maybe that arrangement did not work out.

^ March 18th

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

They had a big bankruptcy sale a week or so back.

Know it all.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

^ You'd think the guy that runs this forum would at least read back three posts before he blurts out redundant rubbish. ;)

Walked by today and they are open, running a bankruptcy sale. Everything 30% to 80% off.
I didn't have time to stop in to ask how long they are open. I might get back downtown later though.

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

^ You'd think the guy that runs this forum would at least read back three posts before he blurts out redundant rubbish. ;)

Yeah yeah, but now it's just scraps. A week back you could pick up clothing and shoes in your size, etc.

Know it all.

#17 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hmmm..Maybe there's a market niche for an enterprising entrepreneur...
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users