Victoria Harbour Airport

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

This has probably been a long time coming. I have to think that for at least the last 5 or 10 years, these two companies had an agreement, albeit unwritten, that they would move their rack rates in lockstep. They were always identical, but Harbour Air always seemed to be the most progressive in terms of marketing.

What I would not like to see is any authority put a moratorium on other companies operating in the harbour, that would give HA a real leg up on any competition.

Harbour Air to purchase competitor

Principals see synergies in move to take over West Coast Air

By Darron Kloster, Times Colonist
March 30, 2010

Harbour Air Seaplanes is set to gobble up one of its main competitors.

The company confirmed yesterday it is in final negotiations to acquire West Coast Air and expects to close the deal April 30.

Randy Wright, Harbour Air senior vice-president in charge of sales and marketing, said West Coast Air will continue to operate under its own brand and that terminals in Victoria and Vancouver harbours would remain for now.

http://www.timescolo...2736/story.html

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:42 AM

Harbour Air Malta: http://www.harbourai...t.aspx?id=44039

#3 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

Cool! Is this Victoria's first intercontinental airline?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#4 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

Valetta is becoming just like any other place now. With floatplanes coming and going all day. Just like any other place.

#5 bcradio

bcradio
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

kenn Borek Air operated the Twin Otters in the Harbour for a time before West Coast took over..... They've gone to Antarctica.

Cool! Is this Victoria's first intercontinental airline?

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:54 AM

Chinese company buys 49% of Harbour Air.

• Mr Cook Street likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users