Photo

[Langford] Kettle Creek Station | U/C

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just sent to me today. Thought it might interest some. It should also scare away the bear that was seen here.
Kettle Creek Station

Residents of Kettle Creek Station, you need to read this! This weekend, there will be a major event taking place at the end of Westshore Parkway. The City of Langford is installing a new aerator for the lake and using this property as a staging area. The helicopter being used is ENORMOUS...there WILL be noise and dust. It's definitely not something you see everyday and it will be a good chance to get some pretty cool photos. Check out the link below for details.

<A class="pam shareText" href="http://www.cityoflangford.ca/assets/Documents~Library/Brochures/Aerator%20Brochure.pdf" rel=nofollow target=_blank saprocessedanchor="true" forceDiv="true" forceInline="true">http://www.cityoflan...or Brochure.pdf

</DIV>

#82 snaptee

snaptee
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

LOL, it's a CAC Skycrane, not a mermaid riding a unicorn. I guess people that never leave the city will not have seen them very often but they are used extensively on the Island (for logging) and the rest of BC (fire suppression). CAC had some on logging shows at Henderson Lake and in the Walbran last month. Very distinctive sound as the screech of the P&W turbines overpower that of the rotors.

#83 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

LOL, it's a CAC Skycrane, not a mermaid riding a unicorn. I guess people that never leave the city will not have seen them very often but they are used extensively on the Island (for logging) and the rest of BC (fire suppression). CAC had some on logging shows at Henderson Lake and in the Walbran last month. Very distinctive sound as the screech of the P&W turbines overpower that of the rotors.

In our most recent newsletter they are calling it a sky crane now. However, it still has rotors and leaves the ground in an upwards motion and the design of the skycrane is quite close to that of a helicoptor, so I forgive Kettle Creek Station sales office for calling it a helicoptor. Lol.

It will be placing the aerator at 9am Sunday at Langford Lake.

#84 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

VV sky crane viewing party at Stormy's house!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#85 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

VV sky crane viewing party at Stormy's house!

Coffee will be on.......

#86 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Word on the street is that the lift will be done by a Kamov chopper. The same type, or same one, that dropped the A/C units on the top of the Museum awhile back.

#87 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Can't this lake aerate itself? Why are we messing with its natural ecosystem? Lakes that can't aerate themselves should be allowed to die. The Dead Sea is a major tourist attraction.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#88 gkz

gkz
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I drove past this today. I didn't realize how tiny the lots and houses were! Minuscule.

The Westshore Parkway past the roundabout can easily be expanded into a 4 lane boulevard with bike lanes, landscaped median, etc. I wonder what the time frame will be for connecting it to the Langford Parkway.

#89 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I drove past this today. I didn't realize how tiny the lots and houses were! Minuscule.

They're essentially condos with some land, no attached neighbours and no strata. Perfect little places for a couple of a couple with a kid or pet.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#90 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

They are starting to build some now that are a little bigger and have garages.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#91 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

They are starting to build some now that are a little bigger and have garages.

I was close to seriously thinking about one of the smaller ones and converting the covered car port to a garage, but... well I've covered that before in this thread.

#92 gkz

gkz
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

I saw two with actual garages. A lot of the houses had carports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users