UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Sandown Park Shopping Centre
Use: commercial
Address: 10330 McDonald Park Road
Municipality: North Saanich
Region: Saanich Peninsula
Storeys: 1
Sandown Parking Shopping Centre is a 140,000 square foot retail plaza along McDonald Park Road in North Saanic... (view full profile)
Learn more about Sandown Park Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[North Saanich] Sandown Park Shopping Centre | Retail

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#41 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

That would not count as farm sales and if he got away with it that would be fraud.

Uhh yup!
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#42 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

I knew an individual who would buy eggs at the supermarket, take them home and resell them as farm fresh for a dollar a dozen more than he paid and made his $2500 in sales in a month.

He never did have any chickens.

That is a true evil genius. Truthfully, they are farm fresh....just not his farm. :P

What's the actual address of the site? Are the remnants of the racetrack still visible on the satellite photos?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#43 Robb

Robb
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

What's the actual address of the site? Are the remnants of the racetrack still visible on the satellite photos?

Here, let me Google that for you

Google Maps

Bing Aerial Photo

#44 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Google Maps

Bing Aerial Photo

That was cool how you showed the typing into Google. How did you do that?

#45 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

That was cool how you showed the typing into Google. How did you do that?

I can show you.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#46 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

lol lol lol!

#47 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Google Maps

Bing Aerial Photo

OK, Smarty McSmartypants, first off, I assumed Googling would be fruitless, since how do you easily find the address of an attraction that closed down years ago. But I should have had faith because we all know the Internet is a wasteland of outdated, obsolete and stale data so bang, the map shows up right away. Second, it's been thirty years and I couldn't remember the exact location, and since I assumed the track would have become overgrown or been graded over, so trawling the Peninsula on Google would have been like looking for Steve Fossett.

But there it is, plain as day, at least it's clearly visible a few years ago when the pic was snapped.

But I only remember one track. Four ovals are visible in the photo. What was that about?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#48 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Two of the ovals are on other properties. I assume the other one we sort of see is an old track on the site. I am curious how much that part of the property needs re-mediation?

#49 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Nor sure how many sport-of-kings fans we have here, but June 9th will be perhaps the biggest day ever for Hastings Park. It will be amazing to be there for the Belmont Stakes.

http://www.vancouver...0633/story.html

Gutierrez and I'll Have Another, which belongs to Canada's Reddam Racing, can become the first Triple Crown winners since 1978, when Affirmed became the last horse to sweep the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont.

Originally from Veracruz, Mexico, Gutierrez spent six years competing at Hastings Racecourse, from 2006 to 2011, before becoming an instant celebrity with his victory two weeks ago at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY.

The fans all cheered, some hugged, others high-fived each other. The tiny track, which had never laid claim to a Kentucky Derby entry - forget a winner - until Gutierrez came along, is now becoming world famous.

"Amazing. It's so exciting," said Sharon McGovern of Vancouver. She was on hand with her daughter, Julie, to watch Gutierrez take the second jewel of the Triple Crown.

I love horse racing, but wasn't into it back when Sandown was around. Now a day at the track is awesome in Vancouver.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#50 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

Did anybody else find this article odd?

And I don't just mean the kooky punctuation of these two paragraphs.

The first thing you will notice at Sandown is fertile agricultural fields enclosed by large perimeter fences that keep the deer out of the food-producing areas. The landscape of these food-producing areas is diverse and contributes to the biodiversity of the site. The fields are not only full of plant life but are filled with farmers and community members of all ages engaged in agricultural activities. …

You can see people along the trail resting at the benches, eating a picnic lunch, and reading the signs about what was once a racetrack called Sandown under the oak tree. You may spot some birdwatchers around the site appreciating the wildlife that the natural areas host, or some elders from the community teaching a group of children about the medicinal uses of native plants as they walk the trails.”

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.k7OZsfkv.dpuf

The whole vision for the thing seems odd.  It's unclear to me how any revenue is going to be created.

#51 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

http://www.peninsula.../387697321.html

North Saanich rebuffs Sidney's call to revise Sandown Commons retail plan

I love this part:

Finall drew up a draft response to Price on Monday that outlined many of North Saanich’s concerns with his request.

“With the final approval of Sandown project already in place, we can understand that the prospect of a further new retail development at Gateway could possibly create a cumulative effect that would be concerning to Sidney retailers,” she wrote in the draft.

“As Gateway is still at the application phase, we respectfully suggest it would be timely for your council to consider obtaining an independent professional study of the possible cumulative economic impact on Sidney retail business of the proposed Gateway Mall development in light of the existing Sandown project.”

Councillors voted to not send Finall’s first draft, calling some of its content too strongly worded. They voted instead to have the mayor re-write a response, get council’s approval and email it to the Town this week. Finall and Coun. Orr contacted the PNR Thursday, stating that the mayor's original draft was, in fact, the letter sent to Sidney's mayor.

#52 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

Amalgamation now.

• Mike K. likes this

#53 Jables

Jables
  • 130 posts
  • LocationHappy Valley

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:21 AM

So if "the ship has sailed", what has North Saanich been doing for the last two years since departure?  Excuse my ignorance, but if something has actually happened to move the project forward then I haven't heard a single peep about it.  I only heard it being mentioned again after the Sidney Gateway plans were announced.

So yes, amalgamation please; and if the rumors i've heard about North Saanich's council being extremely difficult to work with are correct, please make sure that they're not the ones in charge of the amalgamated district.

• Nparker likes this

#54 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:25 AM

Central Saanich, Sidney and North Saanich residents all voted to explore a merger at the last election.  I'm sure we can all see how well that's moving along now.

• Nparker likes this

#55 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

The developer of Sandown Commons has changed and with that change more action is happening.   From what I have been told Platform Properties is actively moving towards construction though nothing likely to start till 2017

#56 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

I would be surprised to see shovels in the ground before 2018 on that site. They've only just completed the Sandown vision process. There have been no formal plans released, or at least updated plans, and there hasn't been any real mention of this project until Sidney contacted North Saanich in regards to Sidney Gateway.

SG will be under construction, IMO, before Sandown has all approvals in place.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

Omnicron had it, then it changed, and then Omnicron gave the info to the analyst about a Costco going there.

It's all odd.  And quite frankly letter-writing between the two councils there is silly, except for much more formal stuff.

#58 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

Wait, a Costco is going in at Sandown?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#59 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:04 AM

First I've heard of that.

What about Jesken? I thought it was still on pending resolution of access requirements?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#60 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Sandown development given a one-year extension

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users