UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Sandown Park Shopping Centre
Use: commercial
Address: 10330 McDonald Park Road
Municipality: North Saanich
Region: Saanich Peninsula
Storeys: 1
Sandown Parking Shopping Centre is a 140,000 square foot retail plaza along McDonald Park Road in North Saanic... (view full profile)
Learn more about Sandown Park Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[North Saanich] Sandown Park Shopping Centre | Retail

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Have tenants for the Sandown project been announced before? The following was written like it was old news.

...12 acres of the site along McDonald Park Road are being developed as a commercial area, the first tenant of which is Canadian Tire.

http://www.iheartrad...-mark-1.3381399

#62 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

I've heard that the old racetrack buildings, etc have all been demolished, but don't have 100% confirmation of that

I'm not really sure where people see all the demand for these malls on the Peninsula - Sandown, Sidney Gateway and Jesken.

I will admit thou I would love to see a Costco on the Peninsula.  Victoria does need a 2nd Costco and the only reason I go to Langford is Costco outside of the Colwood Crawl times of course

#63 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

There was talk of a small format Walmart, but only Canadian Tire has been confirmed I believe. The site plan seems to indicate only one major tenant.

http://s3.amazonaws.....pdf?1412393550

#64 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Would Canadian Tire give up the opportunity to situate at Sidney Crossing, though? That project is nearly ready to proceed while Sandown is still dealing with the municipal process.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#65 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Would Canadian Tire give up the opportunity to situate at Sidney Crossing, though? That project is nearly ready to proceed while Sandown is still dealing with the municipal process.

That was sort of my thought as well.

#66 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

The Sidney crossing times colonist article said they already had a “major appliance and electronics retailer” tenant

#67 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

The Sidney crossing times colonist article said they already had a “major appliance and electronics retailer” tenant

Best Buy? Doesn't seem like the time for them to expand.

#68 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

North Saanich Council just agreed to spend $569,000 for drainage at the Sandown site, which essentially means that Platform has now met the ALC's November 14 deadline to address drainage prior to the development site being removed from ALR.

As I understand, that's the only piece holding up the start of this development. The actual development land has already been re-zoned by North Saanich. Building Permits have been approved for the Canadian Tire store, including a variance, and will be issued once the land is removed from ALR (which is forthcoming due to the North Saanich motion from last week).

Canadian Tire has already invested a lot of money into being the anchor at Sandown, so it'd be surprising to see them move to Sidney Crossing now that construction is so close to starting.

#69 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Could be. Maybe they close Langford? The millstream location sucks to get into with all the Costco traffic

#70 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

I could see a smaller "major" electronics retailer going to Sidney Crossing. Something like a Visions Electronics perhaps?

#71 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Could also just be something like London Drugs

#72 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Could also just be something like London Drugs

Hard to qualify them as an appliance seller, they only have a handful of larger items.

#73 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hopefully not a Sears Home!

• aastra and Matt R. like this

#74 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Also, it's interesting that both Sidney Gateway and Sandown Commons are being built by Omicron

Didn't see that had changed, I was going based off of the site plan linked above. 

Edited by Jackerbie, 24 October 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#75 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

they are going a big reno at Uptown right now

I live in Central Saanich and I am not likely to go to Gateway or Sandown

#76 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Could be. Maybe they close Langford? The millstream location sucks to get into with all the Costco traffic

Wait till Save on Foods open, that will truly suck. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#77 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Looks like Sandown is going ahead. The 83-acre plot of land has been formally transferred to the District of North Saanich. Some work has begun on the 12-acre commercial strip, with first phase anticipated to be completed by late 2018.

http://www.timescolo...cres-1.23097301

#78 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

Was out this way earlier today. The Canadian Tire is well under construction, with most of the shell of the building complete. Just up the road there has been no activity at the Sidney Crossing site. Looks like they made the right call sticking with their original location.

• Mike K. likes this

#79 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

Sounds like the Citified-Mobile needs to make a trip out there.
  • shoeflack likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#80 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:10 AM

I haven't heard anything more other than the Canadian Tire starting and all the old barns and grandstands have been demolished.  Looking for your report thou Mike

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users