Photo

Stratawatch.ca - how does your management company rate?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

http://stratawatch.c...i/victoria.html

Interesting site. My company gets 1/5. Not surprising.

#2 AnonAnnie2

AnonAnnie2
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

http://stratawatch.c...i/victoria.html

Interesting site. My company gets 1/5. Not surprising.

When you say "my company" do you mean the company you own? the company you work for? or the company that is the strata manager at your home?

In any event I would not put much into those ratings or that site and here is why;

(see link)

http://www.stratawat...site/rules.html

To have stars removed the Strata Management company has to have virtually run off with the baby.

A number of months ago a complaint against a Victoria Strata manager had been lodged with the Real Estate Council of BC.

RECB felt there was enough 'evidence' to open a file and begin an investigation.

The RECB requires all manner of documentation from a Strata Council before they will open a file and agree to investigate. The process is onerous and I can see how many Condo Corps. couldn't be bothered.

The phone number, name of investigator, the file number and details of the complaint were provided to the website you list here. We will see how many 'stars' are pulled in this case when it concludes. I'll give you a heads up.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

When you say "my company" do you mean the company you own? the company you work for? or the company that is the strata manager at your home?

^ The company that manages my building has but one star left after starting with 5. Four have been removed. So I guess they have run off with a baby.

#4 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

In the last 8 years we have gone from Proline to Cornerstone to Baywood and now back to Proline again.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Cool site, useful information for anyone in a strata

#6 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

Brown Bros. has been around since 1918.

#7 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

We have had terrible service from one of the 5-star companies (to the point we are wanting to sue to recoup damages) and good service from one of the 1-star companies. So I would take these ratings with a grain of salt.

#8 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

^This is true. We had a hotshot manager that knew our building inside and out--like a walking encyclopedia. This manager was promoted and the replacement manager had a steep learning curve and had difficulty following up on issues and needed a lot more support from the strata council. I still had faith in the company but they lost a star in my opinion. So yes, it depends on the individual you're working with.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users