todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 05:48 PM

I use the hot air from council.

#602 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:10 PM

Council's BS also makes an excellent organic fertilizer.

#603 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:21 PM

Council's BS also makes an excellent organic fertilizer.

Careful, too much will wilt the plant.

#604 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:45 AM

OTTAWA, Nov 14 (Reuters) - An employee at Canada's largest electricity producer Hydro-Quebec who was involved in researching battery materials has been charged with espionage for allegedly trying to steal trade secrets to benefit China, Canadian police said on Monday.

Chinese-Canadian relations have been choppy in recent years, with both sides accusing each other of industrial espionage. Earlier this month, Canada ordered three Chinese companies to divest their investments in Canadian critical minerals, citing national security.

Yuesheng Wang, 35, who worked at the state-owned firm as a researcher in battery materials, will appear on Tuesday in court in Longueuil, Quebec, police said in a statement.

- https://www.reuters....say-2022-11-14/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#605 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:50 AM

...An employee at Canada's largest electricity producer Hydro-Quebec who was involved in researching battery materials has been charged with espionage...

No pun intended, I'm sure.  ;)

#606 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 04:11 PM

According to BC Hydro's website:

Residential customers will receive a one-time bill credit of $100. The credit will be automatically applied to your next BC Hydro bill after December 4 and there’s no action you need to take. A notification will appear in your MyHydro account and on your bill once it’s been applied

https://app.bchydro.... and businesses.

I just received my latest bill, with payment due on December 6, 2022. There is zero indication of the $100 credit. Last I checked December 6 is after December 4; my notice should at least indicate the credit is coming, even if it has not yet been applied. There is nothing on my online account about the credit either.

#607 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 04:17 PM

These SOB's will only give the credit to the account with the highest bill, even though we pay for three of them!  At least both commercial accounts get the $300-500 credit.

#608 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 November 2022 - 06:16 PM

According to BC Hydro's website:

I just received my latest bill, with payment due on December 6, 2022. There is zero indication of the $100 credit. Last I checked December 6 is after December 4; my notice should at least indicate the credit is coming, even if it has not yet been applied. There is nothing on my online account about the credit either.

"Next bill after December 4" to me means the next bill with a billing date after December 4, i.e. it'll appear on the next bill their system generates for you.

If your bill shows payment due Dec 6 it probably has a billing date of around November 10-15 or so, the date the bill was generated. (mine is Nov 14, due Dec 6)

#609 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 06:33 PM

I'll be checking for my self-funded government bribe on my BC Hydro account as of December 5th.
  • Matt R. likes this

#610 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 11:12 PM

Big power outage in Esquampton today? Around 2 pm? I was filling my boots with retail snacks at the Wholesale Club today, power went out for a minute or so. Pitch black, no emergency lighting as far as I could tell as a shopper.

Came back up, finished my selections only to find that the credit and debit were down. And I don’t typically carry $2000 in cash… the staff were kind enough to offer to put all my purchases back, which was counterproductive to my goal of paying and leaving so I got them to leave my buller with a note saying do not put back.

Drive over to Mayfair, get the cash, go back and of course by this time everything was working again, no surprise.

Next stop was the restaurant supply place, where the fellas were talking about a big power outage.

Everyone ok?

#611 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 05:48 AM

The entirety of Esquimalt and Vic West lost power due to a substation fault.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#612 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,012 posts

Posted 04 July 2023 - 07:05 AM

Seismic upgrades to Campbell River dams could cost up to $1.7 billion

B.C. Hydro has submitted proposals to the B.C. Utilities Commission for the work at Strathcona and Ladore dams

https://www.timescol...billion-7231249

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 July 2023 - 07:05 AM.

#613 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,012 posts

Posted 04 July 2023 - 06:44 PM

Road access across the Campbell River area’s John Hart Dam will be closed for about six years starting July 10, at 8 a.m., to enable construction of important seismic upgrades to the dam.

Brewster Lake Road closure signage will be placed in various areas to advise of the change. During the closure the detour route is Highway 19.

The six-year road closure is required for the John Hart Dam Seismic Upgrade Project. The road across the dam was closed for about three years from 2015 to 2018 during the John Hart Generating Station Replacement Project.

https://www.vicnews....-for-six-years/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 July 2023 - 06:44 PM.

#614 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 08:25 AM

Big power outage in Esquampton today? Around 2 pm? I was filling my boots with retail snacks at the Wholesale Club today, power went out for a minute or so. Pitch black, no emergency lighting as far as I could tell as a shopper.

Came back up, finished my selections only to find that the credit and debit were down. And I don’t typically carry $2000 in cash… the staff were kind enough to offer to put all my purchases back, which was counterproductive to my goal of paying and leaving so I got them to leave my buller with a note saying do not put back.

Drive over to Mayfair, get the cash, go back and of course by this time everything was working again, no surprise.

Next stop was the restaurant supply place, where the fellas were talking about a big power outage.

Everyone ok?

Amazing how the power always goes out when you are right in the middle of something, in my case building an Oracle query when my screens and computer, and all power went !POOF! Power was out for just under 90 minutes in our block.

#615 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 July 2023 - 11:23 AM

Amazing how the power always goes out when you are right in the middle of something, in my case building an Oracle query when my screens and computer, and all power went !POOF! Power was out for just under 90 minutes in our block.

APC can help you avoid that next time.

• AllseeingEye likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#616 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,012 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:45 AM

BC Hydro says energy usage broke an August record this week, as British Columbians attempted to stay cool during a scorching heat wave.

On Monday, BC Hydro says the province set a new record for the highest peak hourly demand seen during any month of August in the company’s history.

Power consumption reached more than 8,400 megawatts on Monday night, according to BC Hydro. Generally, heat waves increase power usage by about 1,000 megawatts compared to seasonal averages, or the equivalent of turning on one-million portable AC units.

While British Columbians set a new energy record this week, BC Hydro says it’s well-equipped to manage the heat wave.

The surge in energy use is still below what B.C. sees during the winter months, when people are heating and lighting their homes.

https://www.cheknews...atwave-1164647/

#617 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:02 AM

I’m running two portable ac units at home now. Keeps the top floor to about 21c. Few weeks from now we’ll be burning trees to keep it at 24. :banana:
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#618 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 August 2023 - 12:46 PM

I’m running two portable ac units at home now. Keeps the top floor to about 21c. Few weeks from now we’ll be burning trees to keep it at 24. :banana:

I have a portable and a window unit in my condo - struggling to keep it to 22-23. I can't imagine how the top floor is... 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#619 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 01:52 PM

We have many tall trees around us. Lovely.

#620 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 06:33 AM

BC Hydro says energy usage broke an August record this week, as British Columbians attempted to stay cool during a scorching heat wave.

Record high population numbers require record high electricity.

Nowhere in the article is that mentioned.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users