Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Foreign+powers+have+infiltrated+Canadian+politics+CSIS+head+says

I can think of a few likely suspects!!!

Do tell.

#3 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

Timed for maximum effect with G20 summit.

#4 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

I hope "attachment" bordering on obsessive sycophantic worship of the USA doesn't count, otherwise there's entire political parties CSIS should be concerned about...
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#5 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,576 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

No worries, everyone knows we Masons are in the backgrond pulling all the strings, even CSIS'. Don't worry RJAG....don't worry about the Chinese et. al.,....we've got it all covered ;)

#6 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

No worries, everyone knows we Masons are in the backgrond pulling all the strings, even CSIS'. Don't worry RJAG....don't worry about the Chinese et. al.,....we've got it all covered ;)

It's the bilderbergers who are pulling yours ;)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#7 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,576 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

All good natured kidding aside I presume well read and intelligent adults would not really subscribe to any notion that the masons are behind this movement or that, or that we (or the Bilderberg's) "control" one organization vs. the the other?

If we are truly "Secret" then I would suggest we collectively do a damn poor job of it. Why can anyone who takes 5 minutes to search the web find out a lot of information about either group? Much of it of course is inaccurate - I recognize there will always be Conspiracy Theorists who can find a little something in the patterns in their Corn Flakes if they look hard enough - but there are also some very good sources out there particularly on Freemasonry.

Back on the topic, although the timing of the CSIS announcement is "interesting" given the upcoming G20, I nonetheless think only a very naive person would seriously suggest Canada_isn't routinely in fact probed by foreign agents of influence: China would be at the top of my list; Israel and other Middle Eastern nations I'm quite sure are in there poking about, as is most certainly the US. No surprise.

Spying is said to be second only to prostitution as the world's oldest vocation. And as someone wiser than I once said, one activity is scarcely distinguishable from the other....

#8 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

Foreign governments have infiltrated Canadian politics, CSIS head tells CBC

Read more: http://www.nationalp...l#ixzz0riZAlbt0

Comrade Dean just recently came back from mission to China, as part of a provincinally sponsored Pacific Rim business initiative. Hmmmmmmmmmm, methinks there are some potential synergies between a new JSB and Chinese steel (and steelworkers). ;)

#9 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

I nonetheless think only a very naive person would seriously suggest Canada_isn't routinely in fact probed by foreign agents of influence...

Exactly right, and vice versa.

However, methinks only a supremely naive person would seriously think the director of an intelligence agency necessarily knows a heck of a lot about the activities that the intelligence agency is actually engaged in. He's a political figure making public statements that may or may not be true, and he's making those statements for political purposes.

Consider:

Mr. Fadden said Cabinet ministers in two provinces, which he did not name, are under control of foreign governments.

What on earth would be the point of saying something like this? If it's true and if the individuals in question are doing anything that seriously compromises national security in any way then we would NEVER hear about it.

#10 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

Personally I think it is all evil plots by the prince in Monte Carlo and the prince in Vaduz.

They are seeking global domination.

The other group in might is Turks and Caicos, they could be reviving their plans to be Canada's 11th province.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

Well, now he says that he misspoke. Was he drunk maybe?

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Those foreign governments have put a lid on him...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

Personally I think it is all evil plots by the prince in Monte Carlo and the prince in Vaduz.

They are seeking global domination.

The other group in might is Turks and Caicos, they could be reviving their plans to be Canada's 11th province.

PET did in any hopes of the T&C's ever being a part of Canada which has to be the worst decision ever made by any politician anywhere.

I wish they would infiltrate and try and make it work but they wouldn't join if we begged them.

#14 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Spying is said to be second only to prostitution as the world's oldest vocation. And as someone wiser than I once said, one activity is scarcely distinguishable from the other....

Sun Tzu literally wrote the book on spying 2600 years ago.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#15 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,576 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

That is correct Holden; perhaps one of the most quoted books in history. In the modern context the British are generally acknowledged to have perfected the art of espionage starting with Sir Francis Bacon.

Interestingly despite the comment/allegation/assertion by the CSIS director today I suspect most Canadians would be quite surprised at the fact that in a global context Canada punches well above its weight in terms of participating in The Great Game. Aside from CSIS and the RCMP Security apparatus we also have the little known Canadian Forces Intelligence Branch (SIU) and of course the uber-top secret Communications Security Establishment, our smaller equivalent to the US National Security Agency. Along with the Americans, Brits, Aussies and New Zealand we have been very active participants in the spy game.

Its difficult to get hold of and I know I am one of the few people locally that has a copy but if you are interested try to get hold of "Spyworld" by Mike Frost; he was an operative in the CSE and published that book in 1994 after leaving the service. It was essentially an expose of CSE activities at home and abroad during the Cold War. Facinating reading if you can obtain it.

#16 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

Foreign governments have infiltrated Canadian politics, CSIS head tells CBC

Read more: http://www.nationalp...l#ixzz0riZAlbt0

His budget must be up for renewal. Nothing like some general wishy washy scare tactics to get money.

Bush perfected that tactic.

#17 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

In all seriousness, I assume it was China that was meant, what impact would these people have?

As it stands there is nothing left for Canada to do to bend over backwards and accommodate China.

Canada has long ago given up on any attempt to address the issue of human rights in China. The country does nothing to limit Chinese government owned company investments in Canada. We allow Chinese companies to bring their own workers over and do not push to make sure they follow Canadian labour laws - note the dead Chinese workers at their tar sands project in the past.

So what could they be getting from these politicians that Canada is not already willing to do?

#18 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,576 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

Nope...actually their (CSIS) budget has doubled over the past 5 years. Its somewhere in the $4-500 million p/a range now.

#19 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:11 AM

CSIS head plays down CBC comments
CBC News
http://news.sympatic...mments/b9751387

CSIS director Richard Fadden appears to be backing away from exclusive comments he made to CBC News this week about foreign influence on Canadian politicians.

[...]

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

Nope...actually their (CSIS) budget has doubled over the past 5 years. Its somewhere in the $4-500 million p/a range now.

I know how we could get them more, pull the $1B we spend on the CBC and send it their way.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users