Election changes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

TC JULY 8, 2010

The B.C. government said yesterday it will enact all 31 recommendations by a local elections task force in time for the next round of municipal elections in 2011.

The changes extend the frequency of elections for mayors and municipal councillors from three to four years.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0t6kuoYtD

#2 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Four year terms, yuck

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

I just scanned the report. Nothing in there to make it a little more difficult for people to run ie. higher entry fee or more nominators to help weed our flakes.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

What would Victoria's elections be if not for dozens of joke candidates, both aware and in denail of their joke status?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#5 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Civic election rules delayed for three years

Timelines too tight to implement changes in time for this fall's vote, province says

By Kim Westad, Times Colonist April 22, 2011

Sweeping changes to the rules governing municipal elections that the province said would be in place for the November elections have been postponed to 2014.

[...]

The changes were proposed by the Local Government Elections Task Force last year, after numerous flaws in the rules were exposed in the 2008 elections in several municipalities throughout the province.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1JttutZJo

#6 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

^ Hmmm, I read "Civic election delayed for three years" which wouldn't have surprised me....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users