BUILT
The Jukebox
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1029 View Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 9
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Jukebox is a nine-storey, mixed-use condominium residence along the 1000-block of View Street in downtown ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Jukebox on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Jukebox | Condos; commercial | 9-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
978 replies to this topic

#721 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

Hmm, that could be "just" right. What was the previous completion date?

Welcome to VV, JG!

First it was fall 2018, then January 2019. They blamed a shortage or trades for the delay in completion. Still 20+ units unsold.

• Mike K. likes this

#722 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

Is developer doing deficiency walk-throughs ahead of completion?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#723 JOHNNY_GUY

JOHNNY_GUY
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

Hmm, that could be "just" right. What was the previous completion date?

Welcome to VV, JG!

Thanks Mike!

The notice of extension previous to this one stated a completion date of January/February 2019

• Mike K. likes this

#724 JOHNNY_GUY

JOHNNY_GUY
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

I have heard nothing of this

#725 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:21 AM

February 24th, 2019

Attached Images

• IMG_6401.jpeg
  • IMG_6403.jpeg
  • IMG_6404.jpeg

• jonny and Chunny like this

#726 Chunny

Chunny
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

With the exterior being incomplete now that February is ending (balcony).. Completion date of end of April doesn't seem realistic to me.

#727 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Wouldn't that be a pretty typical thing when the building completes? Or does it happen when the developer transfers the property to the Strata?

#728 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

With the exterior being incomplete now that February is ending (balcony).. Completion date of end of April doesn't seem realistic to me.

I'm with you on this. Trying to get on-site this week to see my unit and get a sense of where they are on this project. I have a suspicion they will delay occupancy again. I think it may depend on how the interior finishing is progressing.

#729 Chunny

Chunny
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

I'm with you on this. Trying to get on-site this week to see my unit and get a sense of where they are on this project. I have a suspicion they will delay occupancy again. I think it may depend on how the interior finishing is progressing.

Would be interested to know more if you were successful - I know my bank wasn't able to go for an appraisal early Jan

#730 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Would be interested to know more if you were successful - I know my bank wasn't able to go for an appraisal early Jan

Contact the real estate agents who are selling the building. They can help with access.

#731 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

What floors did you guys buy on? Don't keep us in the dark! We need photographers from every angle.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#732 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

Seems like all developers are having trouble in the final stages of construction right now. The Encore took for what it seems forever after topping out and people still haven't move in.

#733 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

I bet this is the nightmare stage as it nears completion--are the appliances ready? Are there enough trucks available to deliver them? Are there enough installers? Are the cabinets all in place because they can't install the stove unless the countertop's in place! How are the refrigerators going to be unloaded if the parking is taken up with the flooring installers etc etc etc.

#734 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:14 AM

I bought on the third floor. 

What floors did you guys buy on? Don't keep us in the dark! We need photographers from every angle.

#735 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:15 AM

They did say it was a lack of skilled trades when they pushed back completion.

Seems like all developers are having trouble in the final stages of construction right now. The Encore took for what it seems forever after topping out and people still haven't move in.

#736 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

I have seen appliances and cabinets in some of the units on lower floors. It is up to the general contractor and site manager to coordinate the contractors. I am sure that must be easier now in the digital age.

I bet this is the nightmare stage as it nears completion--are the appliances ready? Are there enough trucks available to deliver them? Are there enough installers? Are the cabinets all in place because they can't install the stove unless the countertop's in place! How are the refrigerators going to be unloaded if the parking is taken up with the flooring installers etc etc etc.

#737 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:32 AM

I think appliances would be least of the problems as you don't need appliances to obtain occupancy. More like the company making custom railings is behind three months and then they deliver 50 railings and 4 don't fit and it will take another month to redo those 4. 

#738 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:44 AM

What's the status of the little building that was being proposed for the corner of Vancouver and View, right next to the Jukebox?

Edited by Hotel Mike, 26 February 2019 - 08:44 AM.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#739 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

Ventana? It ain't so little!

It's still in the proposal stage. It'll be a while before it comes to market.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#740 MikeF4

MikeF4
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

Just in from my appointment at the site. In a word, impressive. Will post a few pics. To start they are pushing for late April. Exterior cladding is behind but they are promising to be on schedule. Interior finishing is happening from bottom to top. My two units in the 3rd are essentially done. Cabinets, flooring and appliances are in. Building looks very nice.
  • jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users