• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

http://www.northwest...om/schedule.htm

Looks like at least 300 cars. Deuce or Deuce Coupe refers to the '32 Model B Ford, but there will be other cars up to 1951 on display too.

Saturday at Bear Mountain, and Sunday all over the Harbour.

http://www.cellinifi...angraffitib.jpg
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

A chance for the remaining Beach Boys to entertain.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

900+ cars in town. That's pretty impressive.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Looks like Sunday might be a nice day for a stroll around the inner harbor and have a look at these cars. I for one love a good car show. I can't think of a nicer setting.

#5 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:55 AM

Local street rod builder Al Clark turns out works of art, and will have a display of some of his cars at the Innner Harbour on Sunday.

Checkout Deuces Northwest at

http://deucesnorthwest.com/index.html

#6 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

^ That's worth going just to see see that car. I have the most fun talking to these guys that are so wrapped up in what they are doing. I enjoy the varied stories that make up this hobby.

#7 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

I am heading down to the harbour to see Al's car. Nice day for a stroll.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

I am heading down to the harbour to see Al's car. Nice day for a stroll.

Me too. The show goes from 10-3 today. Then I might catch Inception at the multiplex.

#9 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

What a wonderful car show. My last one was "Hot August Nights" in Reno, 6,000 cars. This was every bit as good.

Tunes coming out of the legislative buildings, kids and grand parents wandering everywhere, fancy paint jobs and rusty originals.

I did not know that Al Clark organized this event. His car was perfection. The setting was delightful.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

What a wonderful car show. My last one was "Hot August Nights" in Reno, 6,000 cars. This was every bit as good.

Tunes coming out of the legislative buildings, kids and grand parents wandering everywhere, fancy paint jobs and rusty originals.

I did not know that Al Clark organized this event. His car was perfection. The setting was delightful.

What Sparky said! Some amazing vehicles, and some very generous owners talking to us all all day long...

#11 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

A really nice event for sure. Would have liked the A&W tent to have been serving some cold root beer though.

#12 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

The A&W tent was not dispensing root beer on a hot day amongst thousands of people? What sort of marketing is that?

Anyway, it sounded like a successful event. I bet the tourists had a blast walking around.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

The A&W tent was not dispensing root beer on a hot day amongst thousands of people? What sort of marketing is that?

Anyway, it sounded like a successful event. I bet the tourists had a blast walking around.

I think the A&W tent was just an info booth. There were plenty of drink dispensers near the info centre.

Ya, I always wonder what tourists think when they happen to show up here and have no idea what is going on (Canada Day, Symphony Splash, Yellowjacket kicking a guy that's down etc.). Super bonus for them...

#14 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

Here are a couple of pics from the Deuce Days on the first fairway at Bear Mountain.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#15 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

The Deuces are coming to Victoria... July 19-21, 2013

for more:
http://www.northwest...om/schedule.htm

At the Empress in 2007

#16 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I saw a yellow one twice today, once on Millstream and again on Douglas, now I know why.

It had LED tail lights tho, not sure whether it should have them or not, sort of looked out of place.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#17 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

There are a bunch of them surrounding the Days Inn on Belleville. The Coho Ferry brought a bunch up from Port Angeles yesterday and it was kinda fun following the progress on FB.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#18 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

I love this kind of stuff and will definitely be checking it out!

#19 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,340 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:16 PM

The wheels are rolling once again for one of the region’s star tourist attractions, as Destination Victoria announced on Thursday its purchase of Northwest Deuce Days. The event is expected to return in the summer of 2022.

Started in 1998, Deuce Days is a three-day gathering for vehicles converted into hot rods, street rods and rat rods. The star of the show is the 1932 Ford — commonly referred to as a Deuce, a nickname related to an abbreviation of the car’s year of manufacture.

https://www.timescol...2022-1.24340151

jay donovan's business:

https://pipeburn.com...resteel-design/

some neat designs.  he's just 27 year old.

While finishing up my apprenticeship and getting my red seal, I took on a pretty cool Model A project for a local fella that took 2 years of my pretty constant evenings and weekends, but It gave me my first real opportunity to get a little creative with the skills I had started to learn. It ended up getting a lot of attention at the local car shows and was a big part in what gave me the confidence to quit my position in collision in order to continue pursuing metal work full time. A decision that, in hindsight, seems a little batshit crazy knowing how little experience I had, and probably what could barely be considered a plan, but I had grown tired of collision work and metal shaping held a pull for me I found hard to ignore.

Copy-of-Donovan-Sting-Ray-2019-0064-1.jp

I loved the idea of coach building and doing radical custom projects, but realized pretty quickly that most of the work available when it came to these vehicles was in restoration. These jobs gave me my fix of metal shaping and taught me alot, but were definitely lacking a bit in the creative department. It was in 2017, with a restoration job on the go and limited shop space, that the custom motorcycling scene first came onto my radar. The momentum of the custom scene being quite high and getting to see so many different cool things online, motorcycles themselves definitely seemed to offer the creativity and diversity I was craving. Some time around then I bought my first project bike, a 1976 Yamaha.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 July 2021 - 12:24 PM.

• On the Level likes this

#20 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 04:41 PM

This is great news and look forward to being there with my kids!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users