DISTRIKT | Victoria | 919 Douglas St.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Element is having a silent disco... interesting...

What is a silent disco party?
Each individual is given a set of wireless headphones and are given a choice of music to listen to. Think masses of people ...singing and dancing to apparent silence with half of the room humming to a different tune. If you dont like the song switch the channel. Two DJs will be competing for your attention all night, playing all the best music.

If you have never been to a silent disco party now is your chance! this will be Victoria's first ever silent disco. you will also have the oppourtunity to win a brand new kona mountain bike, hoodies, t-shirts and lots more.

Doors @ 10pm
Cover $5

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Facebook:

Tonight’s the night to make it happen because it’s the last night Element will ever be open!
We will be closing after tonight to start gutting the room and building the most high tech club Victoria has ever seen. Keep your calendars open on the weekend of August 20th and 21st as that is when it will all be ready for a test drive.

Doors for UFC tonight open at 6:30, and then it’s Saturday Night Seduction Live 2 Air at www.elementnightclub.ca from 10pm-2am w/ Kris Reign & Marshall A and hosted by Billie Fox.
On behalf of all the staff at Element, I would like to that everyone that has chosen this place to party over the last three years and I promise we won’t disappoint you with the new room on August 20th.
See ya then

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Wow. What is it, nightclub reno fever or something?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

All this rebranding ****e...you'd swear creditors were after them and all the owners have sold their places to their wives or cousins or something to get out from under with a new name.

#5 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

I thought that by using Brit vernacular and adding e to a bad word that begins with s, I would escape the censors. I was wrong.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

This is Element's second redesign this decade, isn't it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

All this rebranding ****e...you'd swear creditors were after them and all the owners have sold their places to their wives or cousins or something to get out from under with a new name.

New names, same stains.

#8 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

This is Element's second redesign this decade, isn't it?

Wasn't it Legends just a few years ago?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

I thought that by using Brit vernacular and adding e to a bad word that begins with s, I would escape the censors. I was wrong.

What you have to do is take a screenshot of a particular naughty word and upload it somewhere as a jpg. Link to it every time you want to swear :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#10 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

^ You are devious Seb. Let the swearing begin. :)

#11 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Wondering if these threads should have titles that are just the address, followed by the ever growing list of names the place has had.

Element was Legends ... I believe their old sign is hanging in Lucky Bar right now.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

There you have it. New name is in the thread title.

#13 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

There you have it. New name is in the thread title.

Creative.

#14 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

New name is Distrikt.  Renovation only took 10 days, fairly comedic.

#16 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

And cosmetic!

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Whoops, lol.

#18 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

What is the point of all of these night club re-brandings?

As far as I can tell, the only consistently successful night club in town is Upstairs, and they have had the same branding for as long as I can remember.

The others have all opened,closed and rebranded more times than I can remember!

One/PlanB/Boutique/whateverthehellitiscallednow(Publik?) has had several "our liquor license was suspended so we'll do a reno/sloppy paint job and put up a new sign" re-brandings.

#19 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

^Well, see, the young 'uns, they don't want to be seen partying in "their parent's club". I don't think they'd attract a lineup as "The Old Forge; featuring The Brothers Forbes".

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#20 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

^Well, see, the young 'uns, they don't want to be seen partying in "their parent's club". I don't think they'd attract a lineup as "The Old Forge; featuring The Brothers Forbes".

But Upstairs has been Upstairs for years and they are easily the best and most successful club in Victoria.

The young 'uns love Sticky Wicket, Darcy's and Big Bad John's and those places don't change names annually.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users