- - - - -

Cheap Saltspring Island Accommodations?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

I'm brainstorming something to do this weekend (if it's not totally rainy) and was thinking of maybe an overnight to saltspring. The big hotel sites are terrible for finding hotels ON saltspring and only the ritzy/expensive B&B's seem to have websites I can find. Anyone have any good recommendations for a place to stay on Saltspring? Something under $80 would be nice.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#2 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

Ruckle Park? Probably have to reserve though.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:13 AM

Here is a list of hotels/inns/resorts. I'd start phoning them up one by one for a rate. Sometimes it helps to chat over the phone to settle on a rate rather than accept what the website states. But do keep in mind that you're heading to a popular tourism spot right smack in the middle of the high season. This is the time for high rates and limited availability of lower-end rooms.

For more categories check out http://www.saltsprin...ness/search.asp

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the site mike!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#5 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,587 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

Can personally vouch for Hastings House - its gorgeous - but its bit outside that price; agree with Mike that you might be hard pressed to find something at that rate Baro given the time of year.

#6 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

Can personally vouch for Hastings House - its gorgeous - but its bit outside that price; agree with Mike that you might be hard pressed to find something at that rate Baro given the time of year.

Hastings House is like $800 a night now. Ouch

#7 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,587 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Yeah about on a par with Sooke Harbour House, again depending on the suite and what time of year you go. Given our typical Indian Summers Hastings House after Sept. 30, with the lower rates, is often a good option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users