2010 North Saanich by-election

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

I really think these councillors ought to be held financially liable for their selfish actions.

http://www.cfax1070....hp?newsId=15006

How bad can things be that they feel the need to resign?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

I find the reasoning odd, quiting because you do not like how council is going? Councils have sides and factions and sometimes you are in the minority.

TWO COUNCIL MEMBERS RESIGN IN NORTH SAANICH
Sep 1, 2010
THERE WILL HAVE TO BE A BY-ELECTION IN NORTH SAANICH THIS FALL TO REPLACE TWO COUNCIL MEMBERS WHO HAVE RESIGNED ABRUPTLY.

THE MUNICIPALITY CONFIRMS IT HAS RECEIVED LETTERS FROM ROB SHAW AND SHEILA FEA...BOTH OF WHOM HAVE EXPRESSED FRUSTRATION PUBLICLY WITH THE DIRECTION OF COUNCIL. THEY'VE BOTH MADE THEIR DEPARTURES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

A SPECIAL MEETING OF COUNCIL HAS BEEN CALLED FOR TOMORROW TO APPOINT A CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER, WHO WILL THEN HAVE A PRESCRIBED PERIOD OF 80 DAYS IN WHICH TO CONDUCT A BY-ELECTION.

#3 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

There are six candidates:

Dustan Browne

Wally Du Temple

Jan Fellenius

Heather Goulet

Robin Herlinveaux

Craig Mearns

I know very little about most of them. Heather Goulet and Wally Du Temple have been active members of the Green Party in the past, though I have no idea what their current involvement.

Craig Mearns seems to be active in defending the waterfront rights of property owners on the peninsula.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,527 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

Can someone provide more background about the fiscal situation that has lead to the by-election?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,527 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

Preliminary results: MEARNS and BROWNE elected.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

Not the result I expected as I thought the Mayor and cohorts had a decent voting block that would prevail. This speaks to a likely loss for the mayor in the next election

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users