Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Mozart condo & office | 39.5m | 12-storeys | Canceled

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

Well let's hope a better job of marketing can be done on this than on the Radius, another mixed project that is floundering.

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

I suppose this should be moved to the active construction section.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

That might be jinxing it.

#44 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

I'd like to see this one go ahead almost as much as seeing the Radius get back on track.

#45 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

This morning I saw an excavator in the lot along with a few workers. Not sure what if anything was done/accomplished...

#46 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,735 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:35 PM

Let's hope this was not some elaborate April Fools joke.

#47 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

Sounds like remediation is continuing. The soil will have to be clean before anyone will want to buy it.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#48 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

So you figure they'll be flipping the site, even after all that talk of going forward with the original plans?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#49 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

Seems like a lot of site are flipping nowadays.

I can imagine Charman wanting to wash his hands of this whole mess and cashing out.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#50 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

819 Yates has flipped but other than that nothing immediately comes to mind that has recently been propped up as a done deal by the developer (unless we start to speculate about the likes of Radius and friends).

Know it all.

#51 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

So was the dirt there for the sole reason of filling up the pond?

#52 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

I was just reading an old 1995 article about St. Andrew's Square. Did you know the View Street side was originally conceived as a 15-story residential tower? There were supposed to be 106 condominium units.

He (Councillor Alan Lowe) predicts the project will give Yates Street a shot in the arm.

That's just what Louise Parton, president of the 700-block Yates Street Association, is counting on. After all, $750,000 was spent to revitalize that block a few years ago. "It's wonderful," Parton said. "It will increase pedestrian traffic. Just having a nice, crisp new building will upgrade the appearance of the block."

The project will be a welcome anchor for small businesses on Yates Street, said Coun. Helen Hughes, downtown liaison.

And it fits in with a key city goal - to encourage more residential use downtown, she said.

So jump forward to 2008 and we've still got the same goals (with the focus now being on the Mozart lot). We want to encourage residential use, upgrade the appearance of the block, and give Yates Street a shot in the arm.

#53 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

yup I remember the residential proposal for the view street side

#54 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

Concert Properties has an offer in to Eric Charman for this property. I haven't heard if it was accepted or not.

#55 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

Interesting. I believe somebody here called that a long time ago, back when Concert bought the building next door.

#56 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

^I think you're right. Either here or on SSP.

Know it all.

#57 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

There's some activity on-site today. It could have something to do with the soil remediation but I'm not sure.

Know it all.

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

A drilling machine rolled up on site this morning. Perhaps they're testing the soil.

Know it all.

#59 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

I spotted this man on the site this morning:

He was out there shooting at some food when up through the ground came some bubbling crude.

So I believe there may still be issues with soil contamination on the site.

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

He be rich.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users