Photo

Was justice served in the Basi Virk trial?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

The judge will not allow reporting on the breach but it potentially could have been very minor, like grabbing an improptu coffee while out on a scheduled walk around the block. There's a strict limit on what he can do and everything must be planned out in advance.

#22 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

No doubt it all feeds his sense of entitlement.

#23 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

I missed this when it aired as well

http://www.youtube.c...jBmbueuMq8&NR=1

#24 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

^ This one deserves a look.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#25 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

The question to Dave Basi was did he have connections to organized crime.

His answer was that "is an outrageous statement"

Some might suggest that he "is" organized crime

#26 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

Here is nine minutes to think about.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8bvlasXJiX4

#27 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

The question to Dave Basi was did he have connections to organized crime.

His answer was that "is an outrageous statement"

Some might suggest that he "is" organized crime

What bothers me most about this is the fact that Tielman, "BC Mary" and other quasi-media folks have spent 100% of their time and effort over the past 7 years trying to turn the whole Basi-Virk issue into an impeachment of the Liberal party and until they can actually get to that point then they will never be happy. I could be wrong but I don't recall ever seeing one hint or suggestion of what we can do from a policy or procedural viewpoint to actually better identify and stop problems like this from happening in the future.

As I pointed out before, it was only a fluke that the BC Rail and ALC issues came to light. Issues of bid rigging, bribery and selling access are concerns across all parties and all levels of Government.

#28 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for posting this thread Sparky. I'd missed it earlier somehow. It's good to have a running record of events here.

#29 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

^ You are welcome. I am attempting to share factual information without editorializing. I don't think this is over yet.

#30 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

Here is an interesting couple of documents. A title search of one of Basi's houses, complete with the BC Government Mortgage.

Note the occupation stated for Dave Basi.

http://beta.images.t...gag_955802a.pdf

The source article.

http://www.theglobea...article1766399/

#31 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

Note the occupation stated for Dave Basi.

Basi signed my 1984 high school annual by saying "look me up if you ever need a good lawyer."

#32 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

^ Does anyone know if he was "called to the bar" ?

#33 BC Mary

BC Mary
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

What bothers me most about this is the fact that Tielman, "BC Mary" and other quasi-media folks have spent 100% of their time and effort over the past 7 years trying to turn the whole Basi-Virk issue into an impeachment of the Liberal party and until they can actually get to that point then they will never be happy. I could be wrong but I don't recall ever seeing one hint or suggestion of what we can do from a policy or procedural viewpoint to actually better identify and stop problems like this from happening in the future.

As I pointed out before, it was only a fluke that the BC Rail and ALC issues came to light. Issues of bid rigging, bribery and selling access are concerns across all parties and all levels of Government.

Response:

Hi Sparky,

It's over two years since I visited this site and it looks as if we've become strangers! If you've visited MY site, you'll know that I've been careful from Day One in May 2006 to be NON-partisan. Why? Because I believe that huge provincial problems like the loss of BC Rail cannot be resolved by citizens squabbling with one another (Me good, You bad, etc).

I've been very straightforward in believing that Gordon Campbell is the author of devastating actions which have ravaged the province's assets and terrain. His responsibility. And not the least of his destructive deeds is the damage he has done to the Liberal Party of Canada.

Bloggers aren't your enemy, Sparky. In fact ... aren't you a blogger?

#34 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

^ Just to be accurate Mary, the quote that you were referring to was posted by "Spanky123" not "Sparky" as you stated.

I am the good looking one. :)

While we are on the subject, I have read "almost" all of your blogs on the Basi Virk affair. (That was a lot of reading) There was some information that you have collected and posted that was really an eye opener, and appeared to be exclusive information. You must have a vast network of knowledgeable contributors.

I am still working on some loose ends about the "staying" of drug charges, and the relationships of those who were charged. Care to PM me and allow me ask you a couple of questions?

#35 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Dave Basi put on electronic monitoring this morning.

http://billtieleman....monitoring.html

#36 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:17 AM

This story has yet to unravel.

Dave Basi took lobbyist's bribes for years, court documents state

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz18Tz28ilh

#37 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

Wait until copies of the shredded emails start to surface.

#38 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

^ Is there an App for that?

The blogging world is a flutter with the news that came out of the recently released court documents.

Court documents appear to confirm that David Basi had unexplained income of over $800K between 2001 and 2004. His lawyer explained that that figure is really just over $100K as the rest of the unexplained income is attributed to his wife and mother.

Really? Are we supposed to believe that? Anyone care to guess how they ended up with $700K that they could not explain how they got it?

You are correct Bingo. Somebody somewhere has forgotten to delete an email.

Here is the ramblings of one blogger that is attempting to connect the dots. The key point now is what was Bruce Clark (Christy Clark's brother) doing with confidential BC Rail documents in his home? What was his connection with Dave Basi?

http://powellriverpe...k-criminal.html

#39 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

dd
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#40 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

^Boy, there's some completely unbiased reporting!!
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users