Photo

It's time to change your clocks!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#101 Wayne

Wayne
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

If there is no DLS, that means one less excuse for people getting to work one hour late.

Granted they could only use it once an year.

#102 todd

todd
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Time is just a far left conspiracy does time even exist. Was now then or is now was?

#103 Wayne

Wayne
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

todd, on 21 Sept 2018 - 1:11 PM, said:

Time is just a far left conspiracy does time even exist. Was now then or is now was?

Then" is clarified to mean "before," so it happened before. "Now" it is happening "once more." So it basically translates to "something that happened before is happening again." Without a clear subject, it could also mean that the present is closely following something that happened in the past.

Not sure if that helps? Not Lisa.

#104 LJ

LJ
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

I'm one who doesn't mind changing the clocks. I love getting that "extra" hour one Sunday in fall and I love the sudden lightening of the evenings in spring. If we stayed on Daylight time, it would be dark until almost 9 am on a winter's morning.

That's perfect, I would get up just in time to see sunrise.

• Mystic-Pizza likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#105 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:19 AM

That's perfect, I would get up just in time to see sunrise.

I don't mind changing the clocks either. I actually look forward to it ( not just in the spring).  However IF they are going to end it, I say end it after the clocks go ahead in the spring. Then we can always have that wonderful late daylight at the same time each year in the same months forever.

#106 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

Yes, it will soon be time to change your clocks, and you might want to consider getting one of these...

https://www.cbc.ca/r...shelf-1.4870130

tirdy-works.jpg

#107 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

I don't  mind them getting rid of Daylight Saving time............AS LONG AS THEY END IT AFTER THE CLOCKS GO AHEAD!

Wait until we go ahead one hour and then stop.  Then we will forever have that extra daylight later into the fall.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 22 October 2018 - 02:25 PM.

#108 On the Level

On the Level
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:27 PM

Can't we all just get along and meet half way?  Half daylight savings time...30 minutes unless it's a leap year or my birthday year.

• Mike K. likes this

#109 todd

todd
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

I’m not doing it this year.
  • lanforod likes this

#110 SimonH

SimonH
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

I only put the clocks back, I love that extra hour. 

It has its drawbacks, I'm almost 3 days behind everyone else.

• Nparker, sebberry, GaryRanson and 3 others like this

#111 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

Tonight's the night folks........Don't forget to turn your clocks BACK ONE HOUR Before you go to bed tonight!   An Extra Hour Of Sleep!  If you work tomorrow don't show up early.  If you are already in for the night and won't be going out, you may as well turn them back now

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 03 November 2018 - 08:40 PM.

• On the Level likes this

#112 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,007 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:10 PM

Replace those smoke alarm batteries too!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#113 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,007 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:02 PM

https://www.cheknews...wrTcKvQwczWnGfE

Eliminating the need to change clocks twice a year in B.C. may be closer than ever.

Premier John Horgan said he has written letters to the governors of California, Oregon and Washington state where they are considering opting out of changing clocks by an hour in the fall and spring.

The inconvenience and disruption of B.C. being in a different time zone than the west coast states has been seen as a significant stumbling block to ending the time change in this province.

[...]

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#114 FogPub

FogPub
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

Standard time all year round, is my vote.

• Nparker and Daveyboy like this

#115 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,007 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:42 AM

I like the time change, thank you.  Leave it alone Mr. Horgan!

#116 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:26 AM

News release from BC Hydro: https://www.bchydro....daylight-s.html

Mar 8, 2019

British Columbians are uncertain about the purpose of Daylight Saving Time

A recent survey commissioned by BC Hydro finds the majority of British Columbians do not know why Daylight Saving Time exists.  

Daylight Saving Time was first implemented in Canada more than 100 years ago as a way to conserve energy; however, about 60 per cent of British Columbians incorrectly believe its purpose is to provide more sunlight during waking hours.

Others believe it exists to provide more working hours while some just think it costs them an hour of sleep – with 35 per cent saying the time shift has a negative effect on them. Fifty-six per cent British Columbians would prefer if B.C. remained on standard time year-round.  

Several studies have found Daylight Saving Time electricity savings are negligible – or non-existent. In fact, a recent study in Alberta found that it actually has the opposite effect, increasing energy use.  

This fall, BC Hydro is planning to release a new report after further research and analysis on Daylight Saving Time, which will examine whether or not this practice saves electricity in B.C. 

BC Hydro Media Relations
p. 604 928 6468

#117 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:43 AM

another woke bch press release.

#118 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

Easily one of the most pointless exercises of government control we have today.

#119 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

Easily one of the most pointless exercises of government control we have today.

well you are not forced to use it in many cases.  you can make your own clock if you want.

the reason we have it in bc is simple. because most of the rest of the continent uses it. and until that changes we should just go along with it.  just like we all went along with it a few years back when the us changed the dates.

#120 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,950 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

The decision to make any changes to the current time system has implications well beyond BC's borders. I am not sure a lot of people consider this.

• sebberry likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users