Photo

CRD Weekly Water Watch 2010-present: Sooke & Goldstream lakes CRD reservoir levels

• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

#81 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

the early ones were like that, the ones I have which are only a few years old work very well

The Kohler units I'm presently using are not very impressive at all. They were installed in 2006.

I installed American Standard Champions in my house and they work great, Their tag line was "nothing chokes a Champion" :)

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#82 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

They were, but no longer (at least in my experience), though I imagine you can get unlucky if you pick the wrong model.  Does anyone here have some current experience as to which model(s) work well and which do not? 

I have Toto and I am really happy

• James Bay walker likes this

#83 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Still waiting, where's the latest report?

https://www.crd.bc.c...kly-water-watch

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#84 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

^Hang on, he's swimming to work this morning after last night's rain.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#85 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Maybe flooding has washed out the access road to where they drop the dipstick.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#86 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,162 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I think they accidentally dropped the dipstick into the reservoir.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#87 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I think they accidentally dropped the dipstick into the reservoir.

The TC morning paper reported 99.1% but that would be yesterdays reading. It rained all night and the runoff in the Sooke watershed would have topped the lake up, so I think it is FULL.

#88 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

OK now that this daily reporting about it filling is over now you can start reporting when it will stop pouring over the edge just for a change of pace :)

#89 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,394 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

And the CRD water nazis were proposing more severe watering restrictions back in December why?

#90 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

OK, it's up now.

*** pdf:  https://www.crd.bc.c...-2.pdf?sfvrsn=4

97% and change...

#91 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,162 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Meh, we're full enough.

But I'm glad they found their dipstick.
  • sebberry likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#92 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

OK, it's up now.

*** pdf:  https://www.crd.bc.c...-2.pdf?sfvrsn=4

97% and change...

Its over the spillway.

3.jpg?sfvrsn=2

https://www.crd.bc.c...r-weekly-photos

#93 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

100%

http://www.cfax1070....acity?feed=News

#94 eseedhouse

eseedhouse
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

And the CRD water nazis were proposing more severe watering restrictions back in December why?

Perhaps because they'd just been through the driest October and November in history already and December was shaping up the same and in fact turned out to be as dry as forecast and the science of weather forecasting hasn't advance to the point that we can know when it will start raining months in advance?

Perhaps they should have consulted an Astologer?

If they hadn't considered restrictions and the drought coninued I imagine you'd be wondering why they didn't see that coming.   Maybe they should have hired you because obviously you know the future much better than those silly old weather scientists...

#95 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,394 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Maybe they should have hired you because obviously you know the future much better than those silly old weather scientists...

Perhaps they should have. I've lived here 36 years and I could have told them with nearly 100% certainty that worrying about water shortages in December for the following spring/summer was a waste of everyone's energy and time.

• rjag, Matt R. and tedward like this

#96 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

100%

http://www.cfax1070....acity?feed=News

It's over 100 per cent that's why it's flowing over

#97 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

It's over 100 per cent that's why it's flowing over

Do they have a counting mechanism to tell how much spills over?  I suppose that's one figure they are not too keen to publish.  

#98 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Do they have a counting mechanism to tell how much spills over?  I suppose that's one figure they are not too keen to publish.  

A rough calculation could be done by looking at the usage for one month, and if the reservoir was maintaining 100% capacity during that time, then the amount that was going over the spillway would be a greater number than the usage number. Does that work, or am I out to lunch?   :)

https://www.crd.bc.c...kly-water-watch

#99 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

Or you could use some simple math

The rate of flow over the spillway and the depth of the water at the precipice

If you aren't into math then just call then and ask

#100 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

For the benefit of us peons, I'd love to see this simple math calculation. I'm sure the volume of water overflowing can be accurately determined using pictures of the spillway.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users