• Please log in to reply
8289 replies to this topic

#5821 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,928 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:04 PM

"Only Deals" Dollar Store Franchise. - Hillside Mall.  $100,000

This exciting and profitable business, established in 1993, has become a fixture at Hillside Shopping Centre. A complete inside & out renovation & expansion allows the business to fully satisfy their customers seasonal needs. Great opportunity to become your own boss and business owner.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-oaklands

The listing Realtor will be available for all showings of this excellent business. The Sellers request that all interested Buyers & their Agents contact the listing Realtor for an appointment and respect the confidential nature of this offering.

Do not contact store staff or question them about the business.

#5822 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

This "do not question staff..." thing can be handled, so, so much better.

"Staff can provide a document package to interested parties if asked. Please direct all enquiries to this listing, or the contact information within the report. Staff are unable to comment on the sale."

• Nparker and SimonH like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5823 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:24 PM

I disagree. You don't want any interaction between staff and potential buyers. Minimum wage employees have loose lips.

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#5824 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

I disagree. You don't want any interaction between staff and potential buyers. Minimum wage employees have loose lips.

it's definitely been shown the lower the wage the looser the lips.

seriously though does anyone care if their local dollar store undergoes an ownership change?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 February 2020 - 04:31 PM.

#5825 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

"Hah, you actually want to pay money for this money-losing dump? Here's your package".

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#5826 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

"Only Deals" Dollar Store Franchise. - Hillside Mall.  $100,000

This exciting and profitable business, established in 1993, has become a fixture at Hillside Shopping Centre. A complete inside & out renovation & expansion allows the business to fully satisfy their customers seasonal needs. Great opportunity to become your own boss and business owner.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-oaklands

The listing Realtor will be available for all showings of this excellent business. The Sellers request that all interested Buyers & their Agents contact the listing Realtor for an appointment and respect the confidential nature of this offering.

Do not contact store staff or question them about the business.

That's an AWFUL dollar store. Very small and usually incredibly messy. I will be surprised if they are able to sell.

• GaryRanson likes this

#5827 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:23 PM

That's an AWFUL dollar store. Very small and usually incredibly messy. I will be surprised if they are able to sell.

It is very small and messy. However 'awful' is very subjective. Every-time I've been there (maybe 5 times in 5 years?) it's been packed and a lineup for the checkout!

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#5828 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:52 AM

It’s all in the numbers, anyways, and buying a business in this price range is oftentimes buying a lease and assets, if applicable. The actual operation is irrelevant.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5829 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

Pier One - closing all across Canada. 

#5830 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

Interesting, because the signage at the Finlayson Pier One location clearly suggested that the Langford location was remaining open, which I suppose technically it will be for a while.

#5831 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

Interesting, because the signage at the Finlayson Pier One location clearly suggested that the Langford location was remaining open, which I suppose technically it will be for a while.

Pier 1 Imports closing all Canadian stores as it files for bankruptcy protection

https://globalnews.c...tcy-protection/

#5832 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:02 AM

This is a unique opportunity to buy a long term established business in the heart of Victoria. 80 years in business with multiple repeat clients.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

#5833 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

The retail space in the Adelphi building on Yates and Government has been leased. The developer tells me the retailer is a national company without a dozen stores.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#5834 Donovan

Donovan
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

I was in Planet Organic at Saanich Center last week. The fresh cases were empty as were many of the shelves. The cashier said that only the “higher ups” know what is happening. Do any of you VV higher ups know?

#5835 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:14 AM

PO has been stiffing their suppliers for months. Look up their Google reviews.
  • Donovan likes this

#5836 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:33 PM

Here's a recent news story regarding the situation with Planet Organic.

https://globalnews.c...a-vendors-owed/

#5837 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:07 PM

that sounds like verge of bankruptcy.

#5838 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:42 AM

More of a local community institution than a business, North Saanich’s Deep Cove Market is up for sale.

Owner Rosemary Scott confirmed that she selling the business – listed at $1.785 million – for reasons around family and travel.

“I now have a little granddaughter, who is 11 months old, and I would like to spend a little bit more time with her,” she said.

Scott would also like to do some travelling. “I’m pushing 60 next year, and I want to go to Greece for three weeks and I cannot go to Greece when I’m running this business. I can only go away for a week a year.”

https://www.vicnews....st-1-8-million/

#5839 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,928 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:04 AM

$25,000

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

i think this has been on the market (no pun intended) a few times.

PROFITABLE! TURN KEY! GREAT LOCATION! Buy this business and start making money TODAY! Whisk Kitchen Supplies

#5840 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:49 AM

Bois & Cuir is now NOT closing apparently. Walked by this morning and there's a sign in the window saying they've decided to stay open and are waiting for a new shipment of stock. The cynic in me wonders if this was just a publicity stunt for a struggling store...get your name out there, slash prices by 80% so that people are actually willing to shop there, and hopefully get a new interested customer base when you suddenly do a heel-turn and decide to stay in business.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users