Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

Well not quite like that.

#6022 mdb1983

mdb1983
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:08 AM

got an email that Landmark Cinemas on University Heights closed..i guess that means the location is getting approved for tearing down and those other businesses are gonna have to leave soon too. or it could be mean they don't see it ever reopening cause of the pandemic and it's impossible to social distance since it's small in there.

either way, the theatre was my childhood there, i'm gonna miss it. i hope they open another theatre in the future in this area since most are in downtown and the parking sucks. there is silver city too but i hate that it's in tillicum

#6023 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

got an email that Landmark Cinemas on University Heights closed..i guess that means the location is getting approved for tearing down and those other businesses are gonna have to leave soon too. or it could be mean they don't see it ever reopening cause of the pandemic and it's impossible to social distance since it's small in there.

either way, the theatre was my childhood there, i'm gonna miss it. i hope they open another theatre in the future in this area since most are in downtown and the parking sucks. there is silver city too but i hate that it's in tillicum

There are multiple city-owned parkades near the downtown cinemas ... plus there's going to be even more private paid parking when the public spots re-open upon completion of the Vivid on Yates / Yates on Yates parkade. :)

#6024 m3m

m3m
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:44 PM

There are multiple city-owned parkades near the downtown cinemas ... plus there's going to be even more private paid parking when the public spots re-open upon completion of the Vivid on Yates / Yates on Yates parkade. :)

The best thing about the view street parkade and the johnson street parkade, each about half a block from the movie theatres, is that they are also free after 6pm.  

#6025 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,868 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

and at best a 50/50 chance your car gets broken into at them.
  • aastra, GaryRanson and A Girl is No one like this

#6026 m3m

m3m
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

I've only ever had my car broken into at the Bastion Square parkade where it's happend 3 times. :)

#6027 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:33 PM

I've only ever had my car broken into at the Bastion Square parkade where it's happened 3 times. 

I guess we know where not to open a new downtown theatre.

#6028 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:19 PM

Sunrise day spa has closed their Johnson street location. I saw another business with a for lease sign in their window - can’t remember what it was .. I’ll try and remember

#6029 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:37 PM

Sunrise day spa has closed their Johnson street location...

Clearly, they just needed a wider sidewalk in front of their business or the street closed to vehicles and they would have been fine.

• Redd42 likes this

#6030 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:14 PM

Little gold (an awesome store) had a notice in their window saying they’re closing at the end of the month. They’re on Johnson st

#6031 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:15 AM

That's not the watch store is it? I hope not! We get our watch straps replaced there and the guy is amazing.

#6032 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,868 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:26 AM

That's not the watch store is it? I hope not! We get our watch straps replaced there and the guy is amazing.

no it's market square. 

https://www.littlegold.com/pages/about

We’re moving into the next chapter! ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
After 6 years in Market Square, we’re excited to take things in a new direction! ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
We’ve evolved⁣ from a jewelry store selling multiple designers to creating our own line that has quickly become⁣ the foundation of Little Gold.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
The line has grown so quickly in the past few years, with our pieces sometimes selling out within⁣ hours and shipping around the world. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
We’re so thrilled and lucky to be able to focus on⁣ continuing to grow with this next step.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
So, what’s next? ⁣
⁣⁣
We’re leaving our space on Johnson Street on July 25th and moving into a beautiful new studio⁣ that will be available for limited private appointments (more on this below)⁣⁣
⁣⁣
We’re SO excited to announce that moving forward, you’ll be able to shop the Little Gold line in⁣⁣
@violetteboutique! ⁣
It’s so important to us that our Victoria customers will still be able to continue shopping⁣ Little Gold in person, now in our favourite local jewelry boutique! ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
We’ll be focusing on expanding the online store with continuous updates, new designs and the⁣⁣
full Little Gold line will always be available (along with a very curated selection of some of our favourite⁣ designers); you’ll still be able to shop online 24/7!⁣⁣
⁣⁣
We’re expanding the LG brand to include our own engagement/ceremonial collection as well as⁣ growing our wear-everywhere-and-everyday fine jewelry pieces (yay! more on this to come!)⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Though it’s bittersweet to be leaving our lovely Market Square space and the Johnson Street⁣ community, we are incredibly fortunate and elated to be able to enter this new phase of Little⁣ Gold and look forward to this next step as we continue to grow.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
And while the Little Gold retail location may be closing, if you’re in Victoria, you can still find⁣ many of the pieces you love at @violetteboutique. For everything else, you’ll be able to book by private⁣ appointment in our new studio space or get in touch with us online.⁣

and yes everyone loves that watch guy (near broad).

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 July 2020 - 07:29 AM.

#6033 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:36 AM

Millie’s Lane, you mean?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6034 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,868 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:19 AM

watch guy is in Olympic hotel building. former news stand.

different watch guy up closer to Millie’s.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 July 2020 - 06:20 AM.

#6035 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:34 AM

Ah, I see.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6036 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

Olympic? When were you in Victoria last? 1968?

#6037 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,868 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:19 AM

i just could not think of the newer name.

#6038 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

i just could not think of the newer name.

That's worrying. Try this.

• kxl and m3m like this

#6039 mdb1983

mdb1983
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

i took a stroll down hillside after awhile and saw so many retailers leaving...it's sad what's happening..the mall is dying. walmart opening can't come soon enough to save it!

GNC Live Well, David's Tea, Alia N Tanjay, Addition Elle...the clothing stores are slammed the hardest.

My guess is some tenets from university heights will move there. Like Gauntlet Games

#6040 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:48 PM

For truly sad, see the lower level at Tillicum. I don't know how the mall is going to survive.  :(

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users