Photo

Carole James steps down.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

The Liberals came out of obscurity provincially with Gordon Wilson. I never under understood why his connection with Judi Tyabji was considered untoward.

'Cause he was in the way of Gordon Campbell's ego - what better way to discredit him that by bringing to light his affair with a co-worker, and highlight his untrustworthiness (if his wife can't trust him to not have an affair, then how can we trust him to run the province?)
A sad state of affairs. I was fortunate enough to have Gordon as one of my teachers at Capilano College back in the late '80's, and he struck me as being a thoughtful person - not full of bloviation like many politicians..
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#22 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

^ Nicely said

#23 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

...what better way [for Campbell] to discredit [Wilson] that by bringing to light his affair with a co-worker, and highlight his untrustworthiness (if his wife can't trust him to not have an affair, then how can we trust him to run the province?)...

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. It's a not very well-kept secret that our almost past premier has been anything but faithful to his spouse over the years. It isn't just Big Business that he has jumped into bed with.

#24 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

^Ya got some facts to back that up?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#25 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

I've always found it interesting how quickly some leaders are "outed" re their extra marital affairs (Wilson/Tyabji) but others are protected. There are many stories about Campbell's predilections, and the individuals seem to be known, but the press has remained mum about it. Makes you wonder.
Pieta VanDyke

#26 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

I've always found it interesting how quickly some leaders are "outed" re their extra marital affairs (Wilson/Tyabji) but others are protected. There are many stories about Campbell's predilections, and the individuals seem to be known, but the press has remained mum about it. Makes you wonder.

Maybe because they are just that -stories.

I am bit of a political junkie and I have not seen or heard one fact about any of those types of indiscretions.

It is a Canadian thing to want to trash talk someone of the opposite side of the political spectrum to your views I guess.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#27 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Les Leyne's excellent column on the saga of BC's party leaders:

Feb. 18, 1996: Glen Clark defeats Corky Evans (802-234) and three other candidates to succeed Mike Harcourt as NDP leader

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz17xtkbWsH

I wonder how things would have turned out if Grace McCarthy beat Rita Johnston for the Socred leadership (she almost did).

Or if straight-up guy Corky Evans had won over Glen Clark.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users