Christy Clark - BC Premier

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#81 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

There is going to be some news today about the Premier using the government website to promote her personal campaign in Point Grey. The twitter feed that used to reside on the website has since been removed.

Here is a shot of the website with her twitter feed on the right. (sorry for the size)

Is this use appropriate?

#82 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

Our unelected Premier is required to represent a riding in order to speak in person in the Legislature. Some might be of the belief that a prerequisite would be that she speak to the constituents, in person, first.

Oh, I don't know Sparky. In Quebec they elect people who have never set foot in the riding, aren't available for any interaction with the constituents, and by golly, don't even speak the same language. Clarke is way ahead of the curve based on that!!!:D
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#83 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Oh, I don't know Sparky. In Quebec they elect people who have never set foot in the riding, aren't available for any interaction with the constituents, and by golly, don't even speak the same language. Clarke is way ahead of the curve based on that!!!:D

I noticed that you incorrectly spelled "Clarke" with an "e" LJ

Is that French?

In Canada it's "eh" :)

#84 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

I noticed that you incorrectly spelled "Clarke" with an "e" LJ

Is that French?

In Canada it's "eh" :)

No no no, I was just using a familiar form of her name and left an "e" off, it should have been Clarkee.:D
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#85 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

A year after becoming premier, Christy Clark holds line on spending while eyeing foes on right

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1nH7B2SjN

#86 slinkyo

slinkyo
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Wed, Mar 14: Director of Communications for Premier Christy Clark, Sara MacIntyre, did not want the press asking any questions of the premier at the Globe conference.

Wow.

#87 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

slinkyo your link did not work for me.

Try this link......and included in the article is a hyperlink to a video that I think makes your point. (sorry for the commercial)

http://www.vancouver...premier-christy

#88 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

New poll by Forum Research for the National Post shows the NDP a full 26 points ahead of both the BC Liberals and the BC Conservatives.

If that held to a general election, it would give the NDP under Adrian Dix a 2001-esque total of 75 seats in the legislature, with the leftovers split between the BC Libs and the provincial Tories.

Specifically, Christy's personal approval rating according to the Forum poll has dropped to 26%, its lowest level since she became premier a year ago.

Thoughts?
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#89 maniac78

maniac78
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Maybe the BC Liberal caucus will start waking up.

#90 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

The NDP party is as dirty as the Liberal party. Give either enough time in office and they'll screw the tax payer.

I can't say yet who I'll be voting for come 2013, but I know it won't be for the NDP or the Liberals. Both have savagely burned the tax payers of this province.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#91 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, as much as I identify with the STATED policies and goals of the NDP, in practice though... I can barely stand to vote for them.

I'd vote for an efficient non-corrupt centre-right/business party before I'd vote for the crappy bc ndp, but we don't even have that.

Basically we have all a horribly corrupt idiotic party of our personal flavour to vote for. Wish we had STV so we could at least vote for other options without it being a wasted vote. Horray democracy!
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#92 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

There are serious systemic problems with the Forum polling process, I take their results with a grain of salt. They, like many pollsters, do not take into account who will be voting in the election. They also do not make much of the undecided.

Recent research work done by Elections BC shows us that voting behaviour is much more complex than what political pundits have always thought is going on. Only 1/3 of people vote in every election but 1/2 of the people vote in some elections but not all elections.

Also, there has been no polling in BC that gives any good regional results - you really need 500 respondents in each region to begin to have useful results.

That said, based on current public mood, the Liberals are in trouble and the NDP should win a large majority.

#93 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

If we vote in the NDP, we clearly are a province with severe amnesia. Tax payers deserve better than either of the two parties.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#94 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

If we vote in the NDP, we clearly are a province with severe amnesia.

Or maybe we are a province where people remember the drubbing that the NDP received when they were dumped from power, we hope that they learned something and we acknowledge that most of the current NDP MLAs were not part of that government.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#95 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

If we vote in the NDP, we clearly are a province with severe amnesia. Tax payers deserve better than either of the two parties.

You looking at the BC Conservatives?

#96 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Nope, the BC Liberals are conservative enough.

Or maybe we are a province where people remember the drubbing that the NDP received when they were dumped from power, we hope that they learned something and we acknowledge that most of the current NDP MLAs were not part of that government.

If all a man has left is hope, God help him.

Know it all.

#97 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

True, The NDP werent perfect (Harcourt resigned because he was the leader and took responsible for the actions of others, unlike Campbell). The Liberals arent saints either.

We all like to complain about each party being a bunch of bone heads, but no one wants to do something to change things. If people actually got off their duffs and voted, perhaps we can makes things better.

Stop voting MLAs out and start voting MLAs in. BC has a horrible record of trashing the previous government only to replace it with something worst.

Enough ranting.

voters need to make it clear to both and future parties that they wont take crap.

Christy Clark unfortunately is more of a PR person than an actual leader.

Our system is so messed up. We shouldnt have people running our province when they werent even voted in by the voters (that goes for all parties).

#98 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Harcourt preceded Glen Clark who also took us for a wild ride. As far as I'm concerned the NDP is no better than the Liberals and they preach to a choir made up of voters with a serious case of collective amnesia.

Know it all.

#99 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

^ It's sad really Mike....as someone previously worded the statement...."we keep voting someone out instead of voting someone in."

I am all for putting this province into receivership (which it is) and let the accountants run it for a while.

Just think....."all rise for the Honorable......Thorne, Earnst, and Whinney."

#100 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Mike Harcourt and Glen Clark--don't you think it's amazing both Premiers were almost done in by a deck?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users