Photo

VibrantVictoria

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#321 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:18 AM

I've been busy posting dangerous hate speech and far right extremism on Twitter...

You were criticizing the government/military/industrial complex and chanting "peace, not war"?

• dasmo and max.bravo like this

#322 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:20 AM

I'm recovering from my far less than perfect 3-point landing resulting from a fall on our back stairs yesterday.

It was beautiful form...no, really it was: my feet went out from under me so fast resulting in smacking the back of my head on the back wall of the house, the right leg went up so quickly it performed a beautiful whip-like motion which wrenched the knee perfectly, and best of all when I finally landed all 280 lbs of me landed on the left elbow right on the edge of one of the stairs. Thing of beauty. Belated apologies to the neighbours and especially their kids for the salty language that followed....

Spent the night with ice packs on the back of my head, right knee and of course the elbow. This morning I smell like an entire tube of Voltaren, I can't even hold a cup of tea in my left hand and I'm walking like the hunchback of Notre Dame as I very slowly clean off the back deck and prep for dinner tonight. All in very slow motion.

NOTE to Self: when an advance forecast of heavy rains is provided its usually a good idea - well before it arrives - to clean up all those leaves off the stairs: lots of water and disintegrating leaves result in a lovely 'slurry' that is slippery as all f***. Don't be like ASE...do the right thing before you kill yourself.

#323 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:22 AM

For now you should rest and recuperate. You can post the video on VV's official youtube channel later.

• lanforod likes this

#324 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:27 AM

Speedy recovery! My sister-in-law actually broke her back slipping down the stairs. Dutch stairs are deadly.
  • AllseeingEye likes this

#325 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:32 AM

You were criticizing the government/military/industrial complex and chanting "peace, not war"?

Dancing banana says it all.

#326 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:47 AM

Dutch stairs are deadly.

Nice. And since this is VV, the mods just sit back and allow it.

Maybe we should attack French fries and Brazilian jiu-jitsu while we're at it?

#327 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:53 AM

I'm recovering from my far less than perfect 3-point landing resulting from a fall on our back stairs yesterday...

Feel better soon AsE!

• AllseeingEye likes this

#328 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:55 AM

Some prescription painkillers might be the ticket.

#329 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:56 AM

Only if they are supplied free for life by the government.

• Matt R. and max.bravo like this

#330 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 11:00 AM

Dutch stairs also exposed the lies of Sinterklaas. My son said “how can a horse climb those stairs?”

#331 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Some prescription painkillers might be the ticket.

Fortunately as a result of an ongoing leg circulation issue I have a lovely assortment of Dilaudid, Pregabalin and a bag of edible gummies on hand and standing by.... :)

#332 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Only if they are supplied free for life by the government.

It's funny, if I give Rexall or Shoppers some of my money and they give me something in return, nobody would ever regard that transaction as being "free". And yet every day I hear about the free stuff the governments are giving out.

Edited by aastra, 29 October 2022 - 11:01 AM.

#333 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 29 October 2022 - 11:19 AM

You sure it was the leaves and not the DoD procurement dept?
  • AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#334 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 29 October 2022 - 11:21 AM

Nah, that presumes there is some competence there. Nevermind. Carry on with the icing.

#335 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 11:22 AM

Strangely quiet in here this morning. Is everyone too busy working on their Halloween costumes to post to the forum?

Slept in a bit, had some coffee and listened to the new Jerry Only album while looking at travel info. Hot tub time soon.
  • todd likes this

#336 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 11:26 AM

I'm recovering from my far less than perfect 3-point landing resulting from a fall on our back stairs yesterday.

NOTE to Self: when an advance forecast of heavy rains is provided its usually a good idea - well before it arrives - to clean up all those leaves off the stairs: lots of water and disintegrating leaves result in a lovely 'slurry' that is slippery as all f***. Don't be like ASE...do the right thing before you kill yourself.

Our front steps get slippery too, put these on this summer, game changer.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#337 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 12:05 PM

Slept in a bit, had some coffee and listened to the new Jerry Only album while looking at travel info. Hot tub time soon.

Mike K. would call that "a hard day at the office".

#338 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 12:47 PM

The calm before the storm anyways.

#339 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 02:37 PM

It was beautiful form...no, really it was: my feet went out from under me so fast resulting in smacking the back of my head on the back wall of the house, the right leg went up so quickly it performed a beautiful whip-like motion which wrenched the knee perfectly, and best of all when I finally landed all 280 lbs of me landed on the left elbow right on the edge of one of the stairs. Thing of beauty. Belated apologies to the neighbours and especially their kids for the salty language that followed....

Spent the night with ice packs on the back of my head, right knee and of course the elbow. This morning I smell like an entire tube of Voltaren, I can't even hold a cup of tea in my left hand and I'm walking like the hunchback of Notre Dame as I very slowly clean off the back deck and prep for dinner tonight. All in very slow motion.

Maybe try the cheap fix of adding a small amount of sand to your paint next time you paint your stairs .

• AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#340 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 03:13 PM

Mike K. would call that "a hard day at the office".

Windshields don’t polish themselves, you know.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users