• Please log in to reply
1829 replies to this topic

#1821 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,463 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 PM

It's easy to "make do" with what you have when you've not been exposed to other ways of doing things.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1822 Sparky

Sparky

Super Duper Moderator...one spark at a time

• 9,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

OK I see what you mean now. You will probably never be happy with a different way of doing things.

I have always used a windows laptop and I am still trying to get used to the MacBook Air. 

I just can't seem to get my brain to change. I am still trying to do it like I always have. 

#1823 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,463 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

I'm ok with changing the way I do things, but if it's double the work and frustration for the same outcome, why bother?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#1824 lanforod

lanforod
  • 6,010 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

If I had a choice, I'd dump iOS for Android in a heartbeat... but I can't justify having two phones, so I stick with the work provided iPhone. I completely agree, Apple has really dropped the ball with a lot of core apps.

• sebberry likes this

#1825 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 17,463 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 PM

I have a Motorola G4 Play that I bought new for $150 to try out.  I was kinda starting to get fond of the thing, but Google's whole approach to privacy and security leave me uneasy.  There's no Visual Voicemail support for Android from Bell (Just iOS and BB10 devices) and I wanted an easy way to sync up iTunes playlists with the phone.  That worked on BB10 until a Windows update broke it.  Android has changed immensely since I first formed some opinions of it, but nothing holds a candle to BB10's messaging hub concept and those oh-so powerful notification options.  I know, it seems trivial, but I didn't think I'd be stepping this far back through time with the iPhone.  I was hoping the gesture based interface without the silly home button would have represented a shift in Apple's design ethos, but it seems I was wrong. 

#1826 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 4,918 posts

Posted Today, 05:09 AM

ROK Mobile, a new company in the states is offering unlimited 4G everything with no contract go $45 a month.
  • sebberry likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#1827 lanforod

lanforod
  • 6,010 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted Today, 07:25 AM

I have a Motorola G4 Play that I bought new for $150 to try out.  I was kinda starting to get fond of the thing, but Google's whole approach to privacy and security leave me uneasy.  There's no Visual Voicemail support for Android from Bell (Just iOS and BB10 devices) and I wanted an easy way to sync up iTunes playlists with the phone.  That worked on BB10 until a Windows update broke it.  Android has changed immensely since I first formed some opinions of it, but nothing holds a candle to BB10's messaging hub concept and those oh-so powerful notification options.  I know, it seems trivial, but I didn't think I'd be stepping this far back through time with the iPhone.  I was hoping the gesture based interface without the silly home button would have represented a shift in Apple's design ethos, but it seems I was wrong. 

I will note that some of the issues you've mentioned are likely solve-able with a 3rd party app (eg. calendar, mail, notifications (maybe)). Just need to do some research and try them if possible.

#1828 jonny

jonny
  • 8,035 posts

Posted Today, 08:29 AM

iTunes still exists?

#1829 RFS

RFS
  • 1,602 posts

Posted Today, 09:06 AM

Why the hang up on notifications? Aren't you on your phone all the time anyways?  I literally have my phone on completely silent all the time and just look at it throughout the day to see what's up, whether I am at home or work.  If notifications are really your big thing then buy an apple watch 

#1830 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 355 posts

Posted Today, 10:55 AM

Why the hang up on notifications? Aren't you on your phone all the time anyways?  I literally have my phone on completely silent all the time and just look at it throughout the day to see what's up, whether I am at home or work.  If notifications are really your big thing then buy an apple watch 

BB10 had an awesome notifications management center, for tracking emails, text messages, Facebook messages, tweets etc all in one place. It was one of the platform's supporting pillars, and is a reason I am considering picking up a BB-branded Android one I decide to move off my current device.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sparky