• Please log in to reply
1907 replies to this topic

#1901 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 18,311 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

not a single one of those things is a female fashion item (the watch nobody has it might as well be google glass).

IMO, it's a mistake for Apple to not release a round Apple watch.  IMO, the square design (at least Apple's square design) looks much better on women than men.  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1902 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:39 PM

It’s not Victoria (but you can see north Saanich from there), but fulford ferry terminal finally got cell service on the Telus network. Full bars of LTE. We aren’t sure why, but it looks like one of the ferry buildings just got a new antenna installed. Service doesn’t extend much out of the harbour, but it is pretty big news around here.

So much so, the local paper phoned me to ask what we did to make it happen lol.

Matt.

#1903 LJ

LJ
  • 9,035 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:31 PM

I have a iphone 8, for some reason it stopped working. After spending 6 hours on the phone with Apple support it is still not working. A trip to simply computing the guy says it is a hardware problem and he sees maybe 5 a week with the same problem. Can't be fixed too bad so sad.

Another hour or two on the phone with Apple and the cell service provider and the service provider says the sim card reader is broken, can be fixed but not worth it.

Back to Apple and they will give me a reduced price on a replacement. Hmmm.

Bought Apple for it's reliability, not too impressed.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1904 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

I have a iphone 8, for some reason it stopped working. After spending 6 hours on the phone with Apple support it is still not working. A trip to simply computing the guy says it is a hardware problem and he sees maybe 5 a week with the same problem. Can't be fixed too bad so sad.

Another hour or two on the phone with Apple and the cell service provider and the service provider says the sim card reader is broken, can be fixed but not worth it.

Back to Apple and they will give me a reduced price on a replacement. Hmmm.

Bought Apple for it's reliability, not too impressed.

Yeah, well, don't buy a MacBook either.  Their batteries are just swell.

#1905 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 49,875 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

I have an "early 2015" Macbook Pro 13". When I got it everyone said to watch out for the battery, but it's still going strong with 6-7 hours of daily use, virtually every day.

What am I doing wrong/right that has made the battery last this long? It lasts for hours on its full charge (I better not be jinxing myself here). I'm very meticulous about disconnecting the chord once the charge light is green. Is that it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1906 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 2,423 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, well, don't buy a MacBook either.  Their batteries are just swell.

I have an "early 2015" Macbook Pro 13". When I got it everyone said to watch out for the battery, but it's still going strong with 6-7 hours of daily use, virtually every day.

What am I doing wrong/right that has made the battery last this long? It lasts for hours on its full charge (I better not be jinxing myself here). I'm very meticulous about disconnecting the chord once the charge light is green. Is that it?

There was an issue with some Macbooks that caused the battery to expand, which Apple acknowledged. Not a safety issue, but serious enough that they offered replacement batteries free of charge.

#1907 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 49,875 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Ohh, is that what all the battery quips are about? I assumed it was about longevity.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1908 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 49,875 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Privacy-minded changes to smartphone operating systems which foreground the background activity of third party apps are helping to spotlight more of the surveillance infrastructure deployed by adtech giants to track and profile human eyeballs for profit.

To wit: iOS 13, which will be generally released later this week, has already been spotted catching Facebook’s app trying to use Bluetooth to track nearby users.

iOS 13’s new privacy pop-ups to call out background app activity are a clear response to such disingenuous methods by an industry Apple  CEO Tim Cook has dubbed the data industrial complex — putting a degree of control back in the hands of the user, who gets a third choice of manually disallowing Bluetooth proximity tracking (in the above example).

https://techcrunch.c...ook-data-grabs/

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users