Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I seem to be on Bob's **** list now!

No doubt I am in good company. :)

#42 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

did you really have to say that? :rolleyes:

What was wrong with him saying that Dylan? :confused: It seemed pretty pertinent to the topic.

42 posts so far and 2 reviews. Did anyone notice this is called the restaurant reviews section?

And yes, I am aware of the irony of my post I would just like to see more reviews here.
In chains by Keynes

#43 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

42 posts so far and 2 reviews. Did anyone notice this is called the restaurant reviews section?

And yes, I am aware of the irony of my post I would just like to see more reviews here.

I didn't think it was so bad. I noticed that their onion rings are made in-house so I'll have to try them out if I remember. Everything else is fresh & made to order which means you have to wait but it makes a difference. They use a frequent-eater card-system, so after 6 visits the 7th is free. In other words they could charge less, not use the cards & 7 visits could still cost roughly the same. I guess that's how it's supposed to work.

#44 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

you haters & your haterade.... a double fatburger will set you straight

#45 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,587 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Went there for lunch today and enjoyed it; it was very busy (it was Friday and sunny and 12:15 to boot when we got there so what can you expect?). I agree with Bob that the menu font is way too small, you have to get right to the front of the line to make out various options but that is a relatively minor observation/critique.

Although it was busy turnover seems fairly quick and despite being about
30th in line by the time we were ready to find a seat we did so without difficulty.

Thoroughly enjoyed the burger which was the single patty bacon/cheddar cheese. It was juicy with lots of flavour. Interestingly I was hungry and am a big guy (I work out a lot and weigh 260 lbs +) but there is no_way I couldv'e eaten the double patty variant of this burger, along with your condiment of choice (salad in my case) and a drink (water). What I want to know is who the heck orders those things??!! :o.

I can't really comment on the price or complain since it was my colleague's turn to pay :D (although I believe it was $29.xx for the two of us + tip). All in all I would certainly go back.

#46 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

one of the guys at la belle patate told me once about stuff like that. he said he's seen a 100lb-ish woman finish a belle burger + large poutine, and also big ogres who needed a doggy bag for whatever it was they ordered. I guess looks can be deceiving.

#47 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

OK, I'm back from Fatbutger.

#1. No wifi there? WTF. And I did not sit close enough to the window to get a good signal from Chapters (Starbucks) or McDonald's. I got whiffs of them though.

OK, I bought the Tuesday special, King something or other, $6.99 I think. And a pop. No fries. I can't remember how much it cost, maybe $10.

The cash register is located awkwardly, you end up having to extend the money a long way along the side of the register to make the exchange. No room to slop down $16 in nickels and dimes like in see in McDonald's all the time. I also note they have condiments and napkins at each table. That'd be anarchy at McDonald's.

But here's the big thing. Big plus. They have salt, pepper, two steak sauce thingys and some type of Flavour Flakes or something at each station. Now, funny thing about this flavour flake container, it's about the size of a large sugar thingy. But it's very clear that they have taken some container that is generic or "store-bought" and stuck their own label over the existing label, as you can see some bleed through from the original label, and it appears to say, along the bottom in fairly large print, "TOPPER". And I can see through to the nutritional information. I was going to peel the label off, but a staff member was sneaking around and cleaning every surface she could find, so I didn't want to look like a jerk. It struck me as the opposite of the McDonald's near my home, where staff there appear to have a game where they try to make every surface dirty and unusable to newly arriving customers there.

So after you order, they give you a little tent for your table with a number on it, so the deliverer can find you. That's kind of quaint, but you'd think with technology, they could either photograph you, or spray a few radioactive isotopes on your then use an isotope-specific Geiger-counter to find you. First order of the day is sprinkled with Uranium-235, the next one Uranium-237, the next Uranium-238, then the next one Plutonium-239 etc. they probably have no more than a dozen orders on the go, so they start again after they get to 12 or whatever. The only problem would be if you have one of those perma-glow watches, as you are being radiated by that all the time, it'd throw off the deliverer, like when the US navy does sonar tests and all the dolphins within sixty miles dive down and left. Oh, and if you didn't wash after you got home, and arrived again the next day with some radiation on you from the day before. And if you never washed, you'd have to wait out several half-lifes of that isotope.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#48 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Oh, I did buy their daily special.

Their Facebook page has them all:

http://www.facebook....Fatburgercanada
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#49 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

You think that Fatburger could be original in their naming of the King Burger and not use a pet for a burger from another fastfood burger joint

Burger King used to name theirs the Big King
McDonalds got all pissy about it because they thought that it was an infringement on Big Mac
Burger King renamed it the King Supreme
McDonald relaxed
Fat Burger has the King
Maybe BK will get all pissy with FB now

Booooorrringg

I do agree with the messed up counter there it the same as the Tim Hortons on Blanshard/Johnson you have to jockey around the till that takes up the whole counter and if the slave working there is shorter than 5' tall you cant see them behind the till you can only hear them.
FYI Fat Burger is trying to find property in Duncan to open another location there.

#50 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Took the Fatburger (their signature burger I believe) out for a test drive along with a shake of some sort. The burger wasn't bad, but for the price I paid between the burger and drink I was expecting a more sensational experience...but I'm afraid it came up short! Felt like expensive fast food.

Will have to try some of those other gourmet burger joints mentioned up the thread.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen
Central Saanich Councillor

Twitter - @carloncouncil
E - carl.jensen@csaanich.ca
T - 250.858.6532
Facebook - http://facebook.com/carlforcouncil

#51 YOYO

YOYO
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Slave working there? Could clarify what you mean by this History Buff?

#52 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Great review, VHF. But my 1930s radium watch would foil your food delivery scheme.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#53 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Great review, VHF. But my 1930s radium watch would foil your food delivery scheme.

Yeah, it sounds like a cheap barium enema to me.

#54 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Mrs Deeds and I really like Bin 4 but thought we would give Fat Burger a try Fri Night. Though I agree with others about the cramped lineup to order and even with my glasses on I found the menu board very small to read until I was at the till. But the actual food we really enjoyed, I found our burger was cooked perfectly, bun held up (very important) and service was friendly. Staff were very quick to clean away any finished plates drinks and stuff but never felt rushed to get out of there. We had two burgers (no fries) a margarita and milkshake came to $28. Thought it was a bit pricey but not completely unreasonable for the quality of food and service recieved. I just don't know is it fast food or a diner, do you tip or not? The option for tip came up on the credit card machine so like most I crumbled and tipped too then felt maybe a little tippers remorse afterward.
Kids menu looked reasonable so in conclusion, no its not Bin 4 but I didn't expect it to be, next time I feel like a burger I'll grab the family and we'll go back.

#55 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

The general rules (or at least the ones I employ) are:

1. If there's any kind of table service - even if they give you a number and they bring you your food - I tip on the pre-tax total.
2. I refuse to tip at cafeterias, caffés or takeaways, unless I am a regular. Even then, I am only rounding up to the next whole or half dollar.
3. Anywhere that I am a regular (I.e., they know me by name/face), I tip heavily, at least 30% after tax.

It sounds like your experience was similar to mine - enjoyed the food enough, but surprised by the price. Now, if they would only get a Carl's Jr. up in here! Best fast food value burger I've ever had.

#56 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

3. Anywhere that I am a regular (I.e., they know me by name/face), I tip heavily, at least 30% after tax.

Maybe I could be considered cheap but I never tip after tax. Always pre tax amount. But if the service is good the server knows their product and is generally nice, friendly and attentive but not overly attentive I tip them good.

As for counter service where I have to walk up and order and the option for a TIP comes up on the Debit/Visa machine.....forget it. I have never understood how a business that employees people to pour coffee into a cup then turn around and hand it to you....would even have that on the machine. Counter service is just that.

Whats next a cup on the dashboard of a transit bus with a $5 bill taped to the side of it?

Or a paint store with a tip jar on the counter.

#57 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

In re: pre-tax/after-tax, it usually doesn't make that much of a difference. I agree with you about the tip option on debit machines at non-sit downs. I only do it at one caffé. They gift me the odd coffee or iced drink (NOT STARBUCKS), so it evens out.

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Today's Groupon:

Going out to eat is more convenient than cooking, especially if all your colanders are already full of pasta you haven't gotten around to eating yet. Save all that pasta for another day with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options

$13 for a burger meal for two (up to a $27.54 total value)

Two burgers or sandwiches (up to an $8.29 value each)
Two fries (a 2.99 value each)
Two soft drinks (a $2.49 value each)

$18 for a Family Pak that adds two kids’ meals (up to a $4.99 value each) to the burger meal for two (up to a $37.52 total value).

Fatburger Deal of the Day | Groupon Victoria

#59 kungfucious

kungfucious
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:33 PM

totally not trying to start rumours but i found this:

Used plates and coffee mugs.

Pick up only at 1213 Douglas st.

Come by between 9-4 on weekdays.

(1-photo)

https://www.usedvict...-mugs-_36294403

somebody please tell me this isnt what i think it means!

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:50 AM

Ah, right. Dolce Vita is closing next to Fatburged, or has, I should say.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users