Photo

Go Canucks Go

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#581 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

Their identity is the team that everyone else loves to hate.

Everybody loves to hate teams that are successful, and during their peak the Canucks fit this bill exactly.

They are definitely not the team that everyone else loves to hate these days though. A few years of being a bottom feeder will do that to you. They're more "the team that nobody cares about" now. Which is why people around the league are suddenly being awoken to how good guys like Pettersson, Boeser, and Horvat are. They're now building a bit of a "the team that is fun to watch" identity.

#582 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,366 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Everybody loves to hate teams that are successful, and during their peak the Canucks fit this bill exactly.

They are definitely not the team that everyone else loves to hate these days though. A few years of being a bottom feeder will do that to you. They're more "the team that nobody cares about" now. Which is why people around the league are suddenly being awoken to how good guys like Pettersson, Boeser, and Horvat are. They're now building a bit of a "the team that is fun to watch" identity.

Yah I agree with with this; Pettersson has otherworldly skill, ability and on ice awareness especially considering he's just 19; reminds me when Bure first exploded onto the scene - watching both of them was/is "fun". And If Demko and Juolevi can develop into the goaltender and defence equivalent's respectively, then the Canucks and their fans have a hell of a bright future....

• lanforod likes this

#583 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:58 PM

Right now the Canucks are shaping up to have a "Elias Pettersson" sort of identity. Just follow his lead, score a lot of goals and hope the tally is good enough at the end - because the blueline sure isn't doing much to prevent goals.

#584 lanforod

lanforod
  • 6,537 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

i still want Horvat for captain. Keep pressure off Pettersson and a good Canadian leader.

• Bingo likes this

#585 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:54 AM

i still want Horvat for captain. Keep pressure off Pettersson and a good Canadian leader.

I agree Horvat is a better fit. Captain doesn't have to be the leading scorer. Like Linden and Bure
  • Bingo likes this

#586 FogPub

FogPub
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

^ Horvat reminds me quite a bit of Linden in how he plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.