Go Canucks Go

• Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#61 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

The current estimated values of NHL teams has Toronto as the most valuable team - just over a half billion.

Montreal is 3rd, Vancouver is 8th, Calgary 13th, Ottawa 17th and Edmonton 20th.

Now we look at attendance, Montreal is 2nd, Leafs at 5th, Flames are 6th. Canucks 8th, Senators 11th, and Oilers 19th. All them but Ottawa sold out every game this season, Ottawa was a 130 people short per game of a sell out.

Winnipeg will be 22nd overall in attendance next year.

Canadian teams would sell a lot more tickets if they had larger arenas.

Only 7 US teams sold out every game this year.

Of the top 10 in attendance, home and road, five of the teams are Canadian.

So the big Bettman plan to steal hockey away to the sunbelt has been a failure. Only Washington and the LA Kings are in warm climes and get decent attendance.

Phoenix, Anaheim Ducks, Carolina, Islanders, Columbus, and Panthers should all relocate to Canada.

#62 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

That's not long after I was born......... :P

Seriously? If that is so, I have underwear older than you! :D

#63 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Seriously? If that is so, I have underwear older than you! :D

You must have a washing machine that is very gentle on your delicates.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#64 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

When you're in Boston and you ask someone what time it is, they respond

"12 past Luongo". Ouch!
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#65 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hooray! a comeback in game 5!
Pieta VanDyke

#66 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

$5 says they're going to lose game 6 on purpose so they can win the cup at home in game 7 :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#67 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

$5 says they're going to lose game 6 on purpose so they can win the cup at home in game 7 :P

Now you're getting it! It's becoming obvious to you too? ;)

#68 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

So, are the Canucks bringing the cup home tonight or are we bringing Boston back for Wednesday?

#69 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

4-0 and the game has barely begun. Yeesh.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#70 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

I have to stop watching the games, I think I'm bad luck.

#71 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

4-0 and the game has barely begun. Yeesh.

they showed clips of the guys coming out to the bench area sometime before the game, even before the warmup, and they didn't do that before any of the other games. it looked like they let themselves get caught up the excitement of being one game away, rather than staying in the locker room & just thinking about what they were going to do. at least they've still got 2 more periods.

#72 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

at least they've still got 2 more periods.

5 more if you count Wednesday :)

#73 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

My theory:
-They're out of their time zone. All those 5am practices don't help when you're playing at 9PM. They're tired.
-They're wearing white, blending in with the ice.

#74 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

5 more if you count Wednesday :)

vancouver's still in it, 5 goals in 2 periods can be done, and now they've got an early power play.

#75 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

vancouver's still in it, 5 goals in 2 periods can be done, and now they've got an early power play.

If the Canucks could put 5 pucks past Thomas in two periods we'd have the cup by now :o

#76 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

Meh I've had a problem for much of the season rooting for this version of the Canucks; I can't get terribly emotionally connected due to their incessant *****ing, moaning, and whining - from both the players and Vigneault as well at his press conferences - whether it be about the refs, the bad ice (in Boston - Bieksa especially), or the tilt of the earth's axis blah blah blah ad infinitum.

Not to mention the world calibre diving, the yapping at one and all after every whistle, and above all the ludicrous "gunshot to the head, whiplash-like" manouevre whenever one of them gets hit; I am thinking here especially of Burrows, Kesler and Lapierre particularly. I disliked the latter when he was with the Habs - my 'real' team - and I hate him ever more as a Canuck.

Just shuddap all of you, and play the game.

Oh, and Luongo - ye of the $7 million/year contract, and not remotely worth it (Schneider should be the starter next year IMO)- next time keep your mouth shut and focus on stopping the puck, rather than dissing the Vezina-calibre goaltender at the other end of the ice. Taking a shot at Thomas in public was a monumentally stupid thing to do, as if Boston needed even more motivation going into Game 6 on their home ice. Obviously "Luuuuu" isn't paid to think.....

#77 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Broons are mentally much tougher. They have a money goalie, too.

#78 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

They wanted to win it at home...................................

#79 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

you mean luongo wanted to win it in the olympic arena? ;) if they just finish what they started in the last 2 periods of game 6 they'll win pretty easily i think. vancouver was doing all the right things & except for that 5-on-3 boston looked completely overrun (especially in the 3rd). I think their only challenge will be to keep it together & ignore the home crowd that will definitely be going ape**** in the last <10mins of the game. it will probably be tempting for some of them to take their foot off the gas if they get too excited before it's over.

#80 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

It's part of the grand plan.
Let da Broons fill the net in Boston and think they are a good team so they get lazy in Vancouver where the 'nucks can steamroller them 1-0.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users