Photo

Frozen Pizza

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Has anyone found a good frozen pizza for those times when you just want to take it out of the freezer and cook it rather than ordering in or going out?

#2 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

The Mccain ones are decent and as far as frozen pizza goes fairly healthy.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

The McCain ones are decent and as far as frozen pizza goes fairly healthy.

I espcially like the new McCain Ultra Thin Crust. it's probably a bit healthier (and I say that subjectively) than your standard frozen pizza.

#4 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

Has anyone found a good frozen pizza for those times when you just want to take it out of the freezer and cook it rather than ordering in or going out?

No.

#5 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

For the price some frozen pizzas are pretty good. I usually have a couple of them in the freezer for when friends come over. Sometimes it is nice to have a freshly made one delivered but it's too expensive to make it a regular thing.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#6 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

I'm biased. Mrs. Yodsaker makes the best pizza I've ever had.

#7 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

McCain makes a small sized thin crust pizza that they call 'garlic fingers' but it is really a pizza. Just cheese and garlic. Its great. I also recommend the Dr. Oetker ones, particularly the spinach one (it has garlic).
Pieta VanDyke

#8 osmich

osmich
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Seriously.

#9 Van

Van
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:56 AM

Definitely like the Dr. Oetker ones, especially when you can get them on special for around $3-$3.50 per pizza.

#10 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Maybe going to somewhere like Papa Murphy's and ordering a couple, take them home and freeze them until you want to bake them?
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

It just so happened that last night I picked up a Safeway "Verdi" brand "Ham and Fire-roasted Pineapple" frozen pizza. It was on sale, too, at $5.99.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of frozen pizzas, but this pie tasted soooo good! I was pretty stoked and I'll definitely have to recommend that you guys give it a try.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,868 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

I've long been a fan of frozen pizza, and look at them as a treat.

I had one of the Safeway 'Verdi' ones mentioned above last night with a couple of nice beers and thought the pizza was excellent, especially for six bucks!

Matt.

#13 vinna

vinna

Banned

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I like pizza and that's why I have lots of stock of different flavors of Mccain pizza in my refrigerator. The Ultra thin crust roasted mushroom and garlic flavor is really my favorite.:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users