810 replies to this topic

#481 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

Hmm. I guess it is then.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#482 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

OTTAWA - The country's national mail carrier has halted the installation of community mailboxes, one week after the Trudeau Liberals were elected with a pledge to scrap the move away from door-to-door delivery. - See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.IiIgj2Fm.dpuf

#483 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

^ Welcome to 4pm today!

• Nparker and sebberry like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#484 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

^ Welcome to 4pm today!

Huh!

It was 2:29 today by Sebberry, while I was trying on my Halloween Costume. :thumbsup:

#485 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

trying on my Halloween Costume. :thumbsup:

Postal worker?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#486 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

Postal worker?

Mail Box

#487 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:36 AM

Sidney fully implemented their mailbox program just yesterday.  Ha ha!

Canada Post's halt on community mailboxes too late for Sidney

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#488 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Sidney fully implemented their mailbox program just yesterday.  Ha ha!

Nothing a backhoe can't fix.

#489 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Nothing a backhoe can't fix.

Or a jackhammer!

montreal-mayor-vs-super-mailbox.png

• todd likes this

#490 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

Mail Box

Wise choice cougars find postal workers irresistible

#491 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

Canada Post decided this was "delivered". 

Hmmm.

Attached Images

• IMG_20160105_101633.jpg

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#492 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

Yup. That's what all delivery companies will do, they'll just leave it on front of your door or in your lobby if they can get in.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#493 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:38 AM

This is the first time in 13 years that I've seen that here. 

I have seen the odd package left in front of a resident's door, but not in the lobby.  I have had the UPS guy buzz my number to let him in so he can leave something, but it's never been open in the lobby like that. 

There's at least one person in the building who I suspect would walk off with a package that's not theirs should it be addressed to one of a few people. 

#494 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

As part of my business, I have been shipping for 15 years, almost all of it with Canada Post. This why unless the item is worth say less than $50, I always pay for the signature option. Problem solved!

#495 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:09 AM

There's a Canada Post outlet about a 3 minute walk away from me next door to the Fort St. Shoppers at Oak Bay Junction.

Then there's one inside the Pharmasave down on Oak Bay Ave.  Guess which one all my missed deliveries get sent to?  Yep, that one.

So I asked why that was.  Turns out, the Fort St. location is a "corporate" outlet, and they don't handle packages. 

Bizarre.

• Jill likes this

#496 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

There's a Canada Post outlet about a 3 minute walk away from me next door to the Fort St. Shoppers at Oak Bay Junction.

Then there's one inside the Pharmasave down on Oak Bay Ave.  Guess which one all my missed deliveries get sent to?  Yep, that one.

So I asked why that was.  Turns out, the Fort St. location is a "corporate" outlet, and they don't handle packages. 

Bizarre.

Haven't you always wanted to live in Oak Bay?  Problem solved.

• rjag likes this

#497 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

This is the first time in 13 years that I've seen that here. 

I have seen the odd package left in front of a resident's door, but not in the lobby.  I have had the UPS guy buzz my number to let him in so he can leave something, but it's never been open in the lobby like that. 

There's at least one person in the building who I suspect would walk off with a package that's not theirs should it be addressed to one of a few people. 

Might be why you haven't seen a package there for 13 years.

• sebberry likes this

#498 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:05 PM

Is there a way to change which post office your stuff gets delivered to?  I walk by the downtown post office almost every day, but all my packages get sent to Cook St village, which actually seems farther away and is not a place I often pass in daily travels.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#499 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:12 PM

Isn't there a new Canada Post service that addresses this?

#500 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Is there a way to change which post office your stuff gets delivered to?  I walk by the downtown post office almost every day, but all my packages get sent to Cook St village, which actually seems farther away and is not a place I often pass in daily travels.

Change your mailing address 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users