Photo

Canada Post issues and news in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#741 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 01:37 PM

Latest shipment: 7 days from Chicago to my door.

delivery.PNG

Edited by Nparker, 31 January 2022 - 01:38 PM.

• qwerty likes this

#742 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:09 PM

This has happened to me before. Always told to just keep the item.

I called Amazon and offered to pay for the late shipment and they told me to keep it. 

• Nparker, Matt R. and qwerty like this

#743 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:48 PM

Things may be improving. Sent a letter Sunday arrived in Vancouver Monday.

#744 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:55 PM

If I was unethical yes. I will ask them if they want to pay to have it returned. If they tell me to keep it then great.

They always tell you to keep it. Makes you wonder what guarantees Canada Post has made to Amazon.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#745 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 08:12 AM

They always tell you to keep it. Makes you wonder what guarantees Canada Post has made to Amazon.

I would expect that for an item worth a few dollars since it isn't worth the cost of shipping it back and handling it. In my case the item was worth a few hundred dollars.

All that is happening then is that people are cancelling orders as soon as they are late and Amazon keeps moving delivery dates back to try and avoid having items show as late.

Ordered an item a few weeks back that was clearly marked a 2 day delivery. After I ordered it the new date was immediately moved back a week. A week later it was moved back again.

#746 qwerty

qwerty
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:20 PM

My package finally arrived after leaving Richmond 8 days ago.

#747 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:58 PM

I would expect that for an item worth a few dollars since it isn't worth the cost of shipping it back and handling it. In my case the item was worth a few hundred dollars.

Generally I would imagine that either the vendor insures the parcel and claims the insurance after a specified amount of time of non-delivery, or self-insures.

Either way the cost is built in to the cost of shipping or the product.

• Matt R. likes this

#748 James Bay walker

James Bay walker

CustomUserTitle

• 638 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 12 February 2022 - 11:24 AM

This has been happening too often:

(claimed) Super duper two day service (from Ontario to Victoria), has had four calendar (two business) days added. 

Instead of a Thursday arrival for critical hardcopy documentation, it's now expected Monday. 

The tracking info on their website was not updated with that tidbit, until Thursday 5:30pm.  (you could have heard my scream all the way out to Sidney)

jbw

#749 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 02:20 AM

Canada Post deliveries paused in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside over safety concerns

VANCOUVER — Canada Post says it has temporarily suspended mail delivery along two blocks in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside neighbourhood because of safety concerns.

#750 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:18 AM

From what I’m hearing, the Watwrfront Station area is a real mess right now, and people are afraid to traverse it on foot. I’m not at all surprised services like Canada Post are being impacted by what’s happening in that part of downtown.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#751 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 April 2022 - 10:03 AM

In a statement, Vancouver Mayor Kennedy Stewart says the city is working with Canada Post to ensure mail delivery continues and it is also working to help vulnerable residents of the Downtown Eastside.

Vancouver has failed miserably on that last part for decades.

• Nparker likes this

#752 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:03 AM

Americans shouldn't drop mail in public mailboxes on Sundays, holidays or after hours: Here's why

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service doesn't recommend dropping mail in blue, USPS mailboxes during these times

https://www.foxnews....s-heres-why.amp

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 November 2022 - 07:04 AM.

#753 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 07:01 PM

It seems as though Canada Post still has the CRD under Red Alert (non-delivery) status.

delivery alert.jpg

I wish delivery of the mail was their #1 priority.

• Matt R. likes this

#754 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 08:36 PM

Meanwhile, Amazon Prime vans were making rounds today out in the fringes of the CRD.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#755 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 11:00 PM

I wish delivery of the mail was their #1 priority.

You wish delivery of the mail was prioritized over safety?

Not sure if you've driven around but Victoria residents don't prioritize clearing their sidewalks.

• lanforod likes this

#756 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,471 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 07:34 AM

Yes, and it’s in moments like these, they we show our true colours.

Know it all.

#757 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 07:36 AM

It’s well proven we can go without mail delivery for two consecutive days, we do it every week. This weekend we can go three days.

So as long as we get one or two days in this week most will probably be OK.
  • vortoozo likes this

#758 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:24 PM

It appears as though Canada Post has decided to start their Christmas break today.

Screenshot 2022-12-23 132003.jpg

It's unlikely there will be any deliveries now until Wednesday, December 28th.

Edited by Nparker, 23 December 2022 - 02:28 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#759 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 04:20 PM

While Canada Post has been unable to deliver anything since Monday (and won't again before Wednesday), Amazon made a delivery to my building just now.

• davidN and Barrrister like this

#760 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 02:54 AM

Langford residents will see their mail address listed as “Langford” rather than Victoria starting in late June following a request to Canada Post from the city.

A staff report to council says Canada Post has processed the city’s request and effective June 19 will implement the change so that the primary mailing address will be Langford. However, if the address is shown as Victoria on an envelope or parcel, as it is now, the mail will still be delivered, according to the city.

“No mail will be disrupted or lost due to this transition,” says the staff report to council.

https://www.timescol...in-june-6963632

I bet you could put Fruit Loop as the city and as long as the postal code and street address line up, it would still get the the recipient.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 May 2023 - 02:57 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users