Photo

Tally-Ho Hotel | 3020 Douglas Street | Hotel CLOSED

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#81 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

Mike, so here is a question, does this count as another 50 something housing units under construction?  I would say no, just as these units are no different in size and scope than the 320 units being built on Hillside

#82 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:14 AM

No, we wouldn’t be counting this as new housing units as they are not available to the market in the same way formal social housing would be.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#83 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:39 AM

^ What the heck does that mean? Are you running for office somewhere? :)

#84 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:13 AM

Ha!

We could always correct the data. Are these units equal to, say, any other social housing unit in terms of the eligibility or is this housing targeted at a very specific group of individuals (i.e. low barrier housing akin to housing at 844 Johnson and [presumably] the Super 8)?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#85 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

So Don Evans was on CFAX yesterday saying the entire population of Choices is all set to move to the Tally Ho.  So Victoria has agreed to take View Royal's problem.  View Royal said enough already, Lisa Helps said "bring it on!"

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 27 September 2017 - 06:26 AM.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#86 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

So Don Evans was on CFAX yesterday saying the entire population of Choices is all set to move to the Tally Ho.  So Victoria has agreed to take View Royal's problem.  View Royal said enough already, Lisa Helps said "bring it on!"

i'm tired of "bring it on".. i'm tired of having to clean up messes and worrying about having my bike stolen or having to fix the gouge marks in the door panels of my car because "some desperate person" decided to take a coat hanger to half the cars in my parking area, or trying to break into the storage area yet again.. i'm tired of the downtown core being turned into an unsafe dirty place of crime, and i'm tired of the police being able to do little about it...i'll admit.. some days it makes me want to move

don't bring it on... and this isn't a NIMBY comment... this is a "haven't we already done enough lets share the load" comment spread it out

• Nparker, sdwright.vic, mbjj and 1 other like this

#87 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

^unless you and the rest of voters get rid of Ms Piggy and the muppets (aka Victoria city council) the problem isn't going away

#88 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

^unless you and the rest of voters get rid of Ms Piggy and the muppets (aka Victoria city council) the problem isn't going away

On this point, I could not agree more.

#89 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

if i could have voted her out 2yrs ago i would have happily!

i will vote for anyone willing to crack down on crime and clean up this city! and i really hope there is someone who comes out with that a key part of their platform.. i don't care if the city has to become a police state to finally deal with the issues.. if it means it's safe to walk down the street or let my kid play at the park without worrying about stepping on a needle or human feces

• RFS, mbjj and pennymurphy2000 like this

#90 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

In the future tjv, the moderators will be hiding posts that contain disparaging name calling of members, public figures, and groups.

You are relatively new to the forum and we would like you to enjoy the best that this forum has to offer. Your help in this quest will be very much appreciated.

Sparky. 

#91 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

^ That'll reduce nparker's post count by half if you did it retroactively...  :banana:

• aastra and Matt R. like this

#92 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

^ That'll reduce nparker's post count by half if you did it retroactively...  

Ironically, it would likely make this post of yours disappear. Perhaps I should ask the moderators to remove it, because I feel disparaged.

#93 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

In the future tjv, the moderators will be hiding posts that contain disparaging name calling of members, public figures, and groups.

You are relatively new to the forum and we would like you to enjoy the best that this forum has to offer. Your help in this quest will be very much appreciated.

Sparky. 

Fair enough, I thought public figures were always fair game much like the political cartoons in the newspapers.  I will abide by these rules thou

#94 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

^ Thank you.

#95 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

Ironically, it would likely make this post of yours disappear. Perhaps I should ask the moderators to remove it, because I feel disparaged.

Nope, not disparaging at all, just posted a fact.  :rtfm:

#96 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

In the future tjv, the moderators will be hiding posts that contain disparaging name calling of members, public figures, and groups...

Does this mean I can no longer use the term DoHoZo* to refer to the emerging district along the Douglas Street corridor from Topaz to Finlayson?

* DoHoZo = Douglas Homeless Zone

#97 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Nope, not disparaging at all, just posted a fact.  

I feel disparaged and therefore your comment is inappropriate.

#98 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

^shrugs, but I guess you now have to be careful about how you describe the future residents of the former Tally Ho.  Ladies and Gentleman will probably work just fine lol

#99 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

...Ladies and Gentleman will probably work just fine...

I'll say "women and men". "Ladies" and "Gentlemen" are terms of respect that need to be earned.

• Midnightly likes this

#100 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

I'll say "women and men". "Ladies" and "Gentlemen" are terms of respect that need to be earned.

I hear ya, man.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users