Photo

Dr. Jones Residence | 599 Island Road

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Does anyone know if the residence of Dr. O.M. Jones at 599 Island Rd. is still standing? It was a large stone house. I have a picture from 1912 but I'm having a tough time locating the address on Google maps.

#2 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

There is a large stone house at the top of Island Road, but you probably can't find it using Google because the property was subdivided several years ago and the house is on a private cul-de-sac off Island. You can see it if you just stroll in, and you used to be able to the back of it where Island Road curves (at Anderson Hill Park), but the trees and shrubs might block it completely.

#3 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,142 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

http://www.historicp...eu.aspx?id=6767

You can find the house on the CRD maps, it will show you the house numbers and property lines if you click on the right "layer"

I doubt if you will find a street view, it looks very overgrown with trees and such.

#4 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

The property was sub-divided and 4 or 5 homes built on it. The Jones house is at the very end of the new cul-de-sac that was created. It looks to be in very nice shape. Well-known Victoria realtor Tim Taddy owned it until about five years ago.

#5 luckyvictorian

luckyvictorian
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

And it is for sale now! http://www.owen-floo...-details/299524

#6 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

The home's interior isn't my cup of tea, but the property is beautiful. I quite like the gate in the stone wall.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users