Photo

Fountain Diner | Langford | 2800 Bryn Maur Road

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

While there for breakfast on Sunday I heard that they were finally going to make the leap to full dinner service starting in August. Just wish the place was bigger.

#2 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,587 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:05 PM

Wow I'm the first poster to provide a review of this place since the thread was started 7 years ago, lol? So....a well hidden gem or a complete bust?

Frankly I had never heard of it when Mrs ASE informed me Friday that I was soon to be volun-told we were meeting friends at the "place Stew owns" on Goldstream Ave. My blank "what.....where?" look in response probably equated to the tumbleweeds blowing through the sparse reviews here on VV....!

So in a nutshell parking (at least on a Sunday morning) was no issue - coming from the Gorge area, around the fountain on Goldstream you go and pull out as you exit by the cafe; there was no wait in spite of the fact the place was packed. Its got a real homey feel to it, with a quaint and very private deck on the Goldstream Ave side of the premises. Who knew? Lots of folks obviously judging by the never ending flow of patrons coming through the door.

I'm told the place is equally busy during the work week and I can see why, everything from the primo, convenient location on the main corner of the main drag in Langford to the really good food (I had a pot of black tea, a very tasty and filling breakfast wrap with hash browns and a side of multigrain toast), which came to about $14+ change. Good deal. And I was stuffed. So was everyone else judging by the uniformly empty plates around the table. We'll go back for sure. Definitely worth checking out especially if you do the "weekend breakfast-brunch thing" and like me refuse to stand in a lineup like a lemming for 30 or more minutes in order to do so. This is a great alternative option.

#3 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,865 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:13 PM

ya and the staff is always friendly.  

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for that!
  • AllseeingEye likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users