Photo

Big Wheel Burger | Victoria: 341 Cook St and West Side Village | Saanich: Gateway Village

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#261 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

I had a hunch that you were going to say that...........EASY ANSWER.  The food from the Big Wheel was the ONLY Food I ate that day,  I could go more into detail as to what was in the toilet, but I don't think you want to hear about that.

Ah, that day.  But different types of food poisoning have different reaction times.  Or time intervals until you have the symptoms.

Here you go:

Food-Poisoning-Chart.jpg

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 January 2018 - 12:55 PM.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#262 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

Ah, that day.  But different types of food poisoning have different reaction times.  Or time intervals until you have the symptoms.

Here you go:

Food-Poisoning-Chart.jpg

I know all about that time frames for different food born illnesses to start for someone who is infected. I have Food Safe level 1 & 2.  I can assure you that I did indeed get sick from eating at BIG WHEEL BURGER.

#263 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Ah, so then you reported it to both the restaurant and the health authority then (as Food Safe teaches you to).  What was the result of their investigation?

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 January 2018 - 01:23 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#264 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Ah, so then you reported it to both the restaurant and the health authority then (as Food Safe teaches you to).  What was the result of their investigation?

I was nice and decided to deal with it at the restaurant owner/manager level and not report it to the health authority. I was satisfied that the owner was going to take the required steps to make sure it didn't happen again. I believe in giving first chances to restaurants when the illness is not overly severe. If it had been a more serious illness, then there would have been a different outcome.

Edited by Star Dust, 20 January 2018 - 01:39 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#265 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Ah, the problem was remedied to your satisfaction.  Great.

• Star Dust likes this

#266 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,321 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Not really, as he still comes on a public forum and blasts them for it.

• Matt R. and jonny like this

#267 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,576 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

Wandered into the Vic West BWB location on Wednesday with the girls and I quite enjoyed the cheeseburger/fries. Coincidentally at work a couple of weeks ago we had a team lunch that happened to be at Fatburger on Douglas - that was awful by comparison, the buns were so stale and dry that they literally disintegrated and the burger itself was a bland, tasteless mass of ground beef smothered in cheese and under-cooked bacon. Ugh. Won't bother with them again but I/we will certainly hit up Big Wheel at some point I'm sure ....

• VicHockeyFan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users