BC Transit (Victoria Regional Transit System) news and issues

• Please log in to reply
6009 replies to this topic

#6001 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:59 AM

southbound lanes are south of Finlayson only

I thought it was Tolmie to Hillside to make them cover the same area the NB lanes currently do. They ripped up all the trees along Douglas on that side between Tolmie and Finlayson anyway.

#6002 Coreyburger

Coreyburger

OpenStreetMap + Ubuntu!

• 2,577 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

I thought it was Tolmie to Hillside to make them cover the same area the NB lanes currently do. They ripped up all the trees along Douglas on that side between Tolmie and Finlayson anyway.

You might be right, one of the two at any rate (they are a block apart)

#6003 manuel

manuel
  • 593 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Talked to one of the crew working on the bus lane project.  Finlayson to Burnside will be fully re-opened within a couple of days (just clean-up work right now).  Burnside to Hillside is a smaller job than the other segments.  Overall the project is looking like it is on-track to the construction schedule (end of Oct?).

• Cats4Hire likes this
"I know nothing"

#6004 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Ah ok thanks for that update. Maybe once the vehicles and equipment are gone I'll be able to notice the difference then.

#6005 RFS

RFS
  • 1,904 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Talked to one of the crew working on the bus lane project. Finlayson to Burnside will be fully re-opened within a couple of days (just clean-up work right now). Burnside to Hillside is a smaller job than the other segments. Overall the project is looking like it is on-track to the construction schedule (end of Oct?).

So Without looking it up for myself, where will the bus lane terminate? Burnside?

#6006 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 PM

So Without looking it up for myself, where will the bus lane terminate? Burnside?

bus lane is supposed to meet up with the current one (starts about Kings and I think ends at Herald or Caledonia)

#6007 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 41 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:33 PM

Anyone have any idea on the timeline for the northbound lanes, north of Tolmie? I know the sidewalk and planters have already been ripped out in front of Swiss Chalet/Tim Hortons/Esso, and I noticed today that they seem to be digging up the road in front of Shell at Saanich and Douglas (unless they're digging for something else) as well as the empty lot/former gas station across the corner (or is this simply for the double turn lanes?). If I'm not mistaken, parts of the TCH north of Uptown are also in the process of widening. 

I'm very curious as to how they're going to manage to add bus lanes in both directions at Douglas and Cloverdale without tearing down the Money Mart and adjacent building. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

#6008 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 368 posts

Posted Today, 05:57 AM

According to the sign on Douglas/Tolmie north is also scheduled to be done in October. Aren't those supposed to go to the Burnside bridge? I'd be surprised if they were on track.

#6009 Coreyburger

Coreyburger

OpenStreetMap + Ubuntu!

• 2,577 posts

Posted Today, 08:13 AM

Anyone have any idea on the timeline for the northbound lanes, north of Tolmie? I know the sidewalk and planters have already been ripped out in front of Swiss Chalet/Tim Hortons/Esso, and I noticed today that they seem to be digging up the road in front of Shell at Saanich and Douglas (unless they're digging for something else) as well as the empty lot/former gas station across the corner (or is this simply for the double turn lanes?). If I'm not mistaken, parts of the TCH north of Uptown are also in the process of widening. 

I'm very curious as to how they're going to manage to add bus lanes in both directions at Douglas and Cloverdale without tearing down the Money Mart and adjacent building. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

In Saanich they are north-bound only, the south-bound lanes don't start until the City of Victoria border.

#6010 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 368 posts

Posted Today, 03:01 PM

The rider's guide is online now making it easier to see schedules. The 9 seems really poorly scheduled as most of the buses heading to Interuban are going up Gorge/Tillicum/Burnside/Interurban within 2 minutes of an 8. I'm also not really sure why it's weekdays only and doesn't really run between 1-3 PM. Wasn't the point of this route to connect Tillicum/Gorge residents with Hillside? That's what they were proposing on the surveys at least yet this just seems like another Uvic bus. Strangely it doesn't have reduced service in December though. https://bctransit.co...s/1403650585610

Edit: 83 also no longer serves the airport apparently 

Edited by Cats4Hire, Today, 03:03 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

kxl

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.