Robin Kimpton | Victoria Council

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#61 RobinKimpton

RobinKimpton
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Robin Kimpton Election Rally andBarbeque

Come to the Robin Kimpton Election Rally and Barbeque Thursday November 17 1 – 3 and Friday November 18 1 - 3 pm at the Corner of Blanshard and Queens

Come and discuss the Issues

Housing Strategies and more

email robinkimpton@gmail.com

RSVP Appreciated 250 580 0084

or

Just show up

#62 RobinKimpton

RobinKimpton
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Robin Kimpton

On

Election Issues

Over the course of the campaign, I have been hearing time and time again, “not the Dean Team”. The Electorate is looking for a change. The Electorate is seeking real and meaningful change to Victoria’s economic fortune.

There is concern and discussion about affordable housing.

There is still angst about the Bay Street Bridge.

There is considerable discussion regarding proposals for a Light Rapid Transit System.

As well issue of sewage treatment has been discussed with strong factions on both sides of the issue.

There have been discussions of amalgamation whether to and, if so, how to.

There has been a great deal of discussion about the homelessness problem and Dean Teams purchase of the two Travellers properties for $6 million dollars.

In summary, the issue of homelessness has shifted from its priority position to concern about Victoria’s economy. This is not to say the homeless issue is not there because it is and the general consensus is that it is still growing. However, the Dean Team has focused on the problem or issues surrounding it to such an extent that issues of business have taken a back burner over the last three years. The Electorate is waking up and saying hey wait a minute, we are paying the bills here and we are suffering. I completely agree it is time to re focus on the businesses of this town; the rest will fall into line. If you read my blog on Homelessness or spoke with me at the All Candidates meeting, you will see that I am surprised that the Electorate has not stepped up by now. Each Welfare Wednesday we flush hundreds of thousands of dollars into the system. We wallow around in it for a few days and hunker down for the rest of the month until we can do it all over again. I heard from the Electorate that they are concerned about the lack of progress in turning the problem around. Again, if you read my blog or spoke with me, you will remember I am suggesting taking “baby steps” toward an incentive based system. The current system takes away the individuals self respect and initiative. In summary, the Electorate is focusing on improving the circumstances of business while taking steps to actually solving the homeless problem.

As set out above, there are several infrastructural projects at play in the Election: the Blue Bridge, Light Rapid Transit, Sewage Treatment. Affordable housing etc. These must be measured in the reflection of a City Hall and City economy which is in trouble financially. On the campaign trail, I never heard people making this link but in my opinion, the first order of the day will be to get the finances of City in order and, secondly, to set the priorities for the City. Anyone of these projects above is significant against the City’s capacity. This will then immediately bring into focus the issue of amalgamation. I am for amalgamation. If you re call I wrote strongly about this in a previous blog. The simple reality is that Victoria or any of the surrounding municipalities are too small for these projects. There will be strength in numbers. This is beside the benefits of eliminating the cost duplication of each fiefdom. Finally, there is the benefit of speaking with one voice to senior levels of government and the purchasing power of one large municipality.

In summary, the Electorate is coming out firm – “not the Dean Team”. It is seeking a business candidate with leadership. Given the infrastructure projects facing Victoria and the region, the issue of amalgamation will arise time and time again. I am pro amalgamation. I will bring a strong education and extensive business experience to the issues. I will lead Council when elected in dealing with priorities, the budget and the financings while bringing a compassionate heart to homelessness.

#63 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

When one looks on VV to inquire about a spacific council candidate I am amazed to see that Robin Kimpton has 1750 inquiries or views vs the next one down with 912 views. Any thoughts on this trend.

#64 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

To be Specific, I'm amazed that little tiny parasites often live off of the bigger parasites... and vice versa.

any thoughts on that?:o

#65 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

To be Specific, I'm amazed that little tiny parasites often live off of the bigger parasites... and vice versa.

Darest you speak out against Saint Robin, Patron Saint of the Meek?

#66 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

LOL! @Fugger >
even though this is not even funny.:D I know right..

Let's see Mr Kimpton "the advocate for Social Justice and homelessness" renovate that Caldwell Building at his own expense, and provide free housing for the homeless therein. Or is he willing to help people without first lining his own pockets and satisfying his own self serving agenda$ . All the while playing it up like he "cares" about these people. Costume Party"!
The veil is quite transparent. Wolves in sheeps clothing. Who are they trying to kid here >? "
Lets actually see him prove it in a way that shows us this new "Saint Kimpton" . Do a non profit housing arrangement for homelessness. Then - at least the "I care about the poor" facade would seem more genuine. SMH.

Are these guys deliberately furthering thier own public humiliation.? I mean come on.

SMH= Shaking my head

#67 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

Robin Kimpton on cross-posting:

I'm also allowed to use said cut-and-paste to cross-post the same post over and over again on various threads without getting a talking to from any mods. PS If any mods call me on it I will sue them and charge $165 per hour for any legal research that goes into it.

This post has been used to suggest that it is a Robin Kimpton quote.
It is not a quote from Mr. Kimpton , just a sarcastic rant.

#68 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

This post has been used to suggest that it is a Robin Kimpton quote.
It is not a quote from Mr. Kimpton , just a sarcastic rant.

Barrett r Blackwood on sarcasm:

"I just got this...four days after the fact."

HAHA, I'm sorry BrB, I couldn't help myself. You seem like a good bloke whose heart's in the right place. All in good fun, I hope. :)

#69 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

[FONT="]Oh really[/FONT][FONT="]..?[/FONT][FONT="]..SORRY -- but I don't believe that either Barrett ..Because he posted it himself and also used the same preposterous figures in the case he lost with fernwood [/FONT][FONT="].

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Specifically[/FONT]
[FONT="] :

[/FONT]
[FONT="][10][/FONT][FONT="]The respondent refused this payout as insufficient. In a letter dated February 15, 2009, Mr. Kimpton asked for compensation for 142 hours of his time at $165 per hour for the following items: 30 hours for research of GST law and obligations, 25 hours for research of assignment of rents law and proceedings, 25 hours of research for foreclosure law, 25 hours for chambers application #1, and 37 hours for various communications and letters to the petitioner and its counsel.

outcome:
[/FONT]
[FONT="][32][/FONT][FONT="]Finally, I am not satisfied that what the respondent claims with respect to communications with the petitioner are recoverable. He has claimed a total of 37 hours at $165 per hour for what seem to be fewer than 20 letters, the majority of which are brief. This is a basic administrative matter and not recoverable.[/FONT]

Buddy.. you keep smiling at everyone with rotten teeth.:D

Jon the baker

#70 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

HOTEL 760 is fully staffed with housekeeing, maintenance ,and management personal , most of whom have been helped to overcome thier barriers to housing ( homlessness ) and employment. To suggest that these people are parasites is so very irresponsible.

#71 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

BrB.> Reading , Writing and Politics obviously arent you calling..
I wasn't referring to the tenants whatsoever.:eek: SMH. \=\\again.

I was specifying something else..
Man > this is rich... LOL It doesnt even seem fair.

anyone out there reading between the lines ?? ... LMFAO:rolleyes:

cheers VV

#72 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

LOL! >
even though this is not even funny.:D

Are these guys deliberately furthering thier own public humiliation.? I mean come on.

SMH= Shaking my head

I think the "poison pens" are still missing the piont of this democratic process. Many good things have come as a result of Robin Kimptons bid for city counsil . eg; the fact that the homeless are being shifted from Pandora up to Mid-Town ( Queens area ) and that Mr. Kimpton is working to manage the situation rather than moving them to yet another area. Win or lose I feel that this experience has been anything but a humiliation.

#73 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

I think the "poison pens" are still missing the piont of this democratic process. Many good things have come as a result of Robin Kimptons bid for city counsil . eg; the fact that the homeless are being shifted from Pandora up to Mid-Town ( Queens area ) and that Mr. Kimpton is working to manage the situation rather than moving them to yet another area. Win or lose I feel that this experience has been anything but a humiliation.

Like I said before, I think we would still be talking about homelessness, Travellers' Inn debacle and affordable housing with Robin Kimpton running. As for "many good things," you must mean for the candidate - he himself stated that he his running his campaign as a reaction to how he is being treated at City Hall and is a bit self-serving.

Just because people don't agree with your point of view, it doesn't make us "poison pens."

And seriously, for all of the time you spend on here (I know that it is election season and you are supporting a candidate, so props for that), how much time does that leave you to look after the candidate's properties?

#74 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

@Fugger > .... I think we "poison pens" must be "still missing the piont "... LOL . :eek: SMH !

@Brb- This isn't personal.. You know Everyone is entitled to their opinions and free speech.

Jon the baker

Ps.. apparantly someone recently spray-painted the words:
"city hall" and " Kimpton for Mayor " on one of his condemned buildings.. priceless. :)

#75 GMC

GMC
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

BrB.>

Yes, I am Jon Baker and the lines as well as in between them clearly indicates the quality of person you are.

#76 GMC

GMC
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

BrB.>

Yes, I am Jon Baker and the lines as well as in between them clearly shows the quality of person you are.

#77 RobinKimpton

RobinKimpton
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

May we please limit our discussion to the substance. Could a moderator please, guide us.

#78 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Maybe it went a bit far with the sarcasm...
but- quality of person is exactly what the comments referred to.
Remember...- Everyone is entitled to their opinion /freedom of speech.
If you don't like it..well..then dont read the comments.
Okay ,what is your addition to the discussion of the "substance" ?

BrB : quote
""" How is it that you come to the position that Mr. Kimpton lost this application when, in fact, he was awarded $2000.00 for his time"""

Buddy/... get a calculator cause I know you cant do this on your own--- okay ready .? [FONT="]142 hours of his time at $165 per hour [/FONT]...
do the math.. careful to press the right buttons.. nevermind man . its 23,430$ ... He publicly made a damn fool of himself (as usual).
In case you couldnt figure out the rest of the equation thats a staggering difference of 21,430$. Awarded?
The only award goes to you Brb.. Read between the lines bud. Or have someone translate english into english for you. ;)

savvy?

Hey..- I like your mask.:)

#79 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

I agree with the candidate. This should be for civil discussion of candidates', their position on issues and their track record (If done in a respectful manner).

Also if it is not already understood by members free speech does not apply to privately run spaces such as this. We can and will moderate comments from this point forward that we feel are outside of the parameters that WE deem acceptable.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#80 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

Point taken.:cool:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users