Photo
- - - - -

Poll: Victoria Council Candidates (early poll [CLOSED])

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Councillors (up to 8) are you voting for (Victoria) (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Councillors (up to 8) are you voting for (Victoria)

1. Marianne Alto (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. Saul Andersen (2 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

3. Christopher Coleman (15 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

4. Shellie Gudgeon (8 votes [5.16%])

Percentage of vote: 5.16%

5. Aaron Hall (20 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

6. Lisa Helps (8 votes [5.16%])

7. Rose Henry (2 votes [1.29%])

8. Lynn Hunter (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

9. Ben Isitt (6 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

10. Robin Kimpton (2 votes [1.29%])

11. Sukhi Lalli (12 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

12. Philippe Lucas (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

13. John Luton (8 votes [5.16%])

14. Pam Madoff (7 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

15. Linda McGrew (8 votes [5.16%])

16. Sean Murray (1 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

17. Charlayne Thornton-Joe (14 votes [9.03%])

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

18. John C. Turner (2 votes [1.29%])

19. Jon Valentine (1 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

20. Geoff Young (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

21. None interest me or can't/won't vote (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 lindamcgrew

lindamcgrew
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

And we are putting on a World Cafe at Sauce on November 3rd from 2-4 to promote openness and get some great ideas to the table to solve some local issues that no one seems to be talking about. Please come!

#22 lindamcgrew

lindamcgrew
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Ok, now I'm starting to think that maybe I am crazy...if you all think the crazy ones are the non-incumbents and it's the incumbents who aren't!? I'm pretty sure there are at least 4 in there now who should be heavily medicated. I just take vitamin C.

#23 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,712 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

As I said I willing to take my chances with anyone who isn't currently serving on council.

#24 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

I think it's important to remmeber no candidate will match your views or goals 100%. With that in mind I think I'll be voting for at least most of the open victoria "slate" of candidates although maybe not the fellow from langford as he doesn't even have a website for me to read his platforms on. Plus Geoff young of course, and most likely Chris.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#25 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

I have absolutely no idea who to vote for. Other than Geoff Young none of the current council will get my vote, yet none of the others running have inspired me, heck I don't even really know who they are other than the crazy ones.

At least Geoff admits that the Occupy Victoria camp needs to go before long, which is more than the Mayor is prepared to do with an election just weeks away.

#26 aaroninvictoria

aaroninvictoria
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

At least Geoff admits that the Occupy Victoria camp needs to go before long, which is more than the Mayor is prepared to do with an election just weeks away.

Tomorrow at 10:00 AM is the all candidates for Occupy Victoria... I am going to talk to them about Open Government and see what kind of questions come up...

Should be interesting!

I do not think it is realistic to expect that the public will be comfortable with them staying on indefinitely... which I believe is their intent. I guess I will find out soon enough...
@aaroninvictoria aka @aaronhallcooks

#27 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

According to the results of this poll, the 8 winners are (in order of votes):

- Geoff Young
- Aaron Hall
- Chris Coleman
- Charlayne Thornton Joe
- Sukhi Lalli
- Shellie Gudgeon
- John Luton
- Pam Madoff

I admit that since I participated in this poll, my support for several candidates has changed in favour of others due to their participation on this forum.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#28 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

Let's lock it down and do a new one in a few days to track any shifts.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Done.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#30 RobinKimpton

RobinKimpton
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

When is this election poll going to be re done, these results are from quite some time ago?

#31 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

^I think after Remembrance day, supposedly that's when the campaign really gets into gear. Remember, this is about as unscientific as a poll gets. It makes the C-FAX polls look good but it is a way to roughly gauge support. I'm not so keen on McGrew because of the sewage treatment issue.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#32 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ben's most famous moment, the 2008 fight over the Spencer Road Interchange. Quite a few people were involved in that one, and judging by the fellow who came to our door last night, they're helping with Ben's campaign as well.

Ben's antics as a student advocate at UVIC for several, long years has solidified in my mind that I will never, ever vote for him in any capacity.

#33 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Ben's antics as a student advocate at UVIC for several, long years has solidified in my mind that I will never, ever vote for him in any capacity.

I wouldn't vote for him, either. I've seen him at council meetings where he talks (not whispers) through public hearings because he seems to like the sound of his own voice extolling his theories better than listening to what's actually going on right in front of him.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'm not afraid to say how I'm voting, as of today:

Young
Coleman
Thornton-Joe
Madoff
Hall
Helps
Kimpton
Luton

I know a couple choices might surprise you all.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#35 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,712 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

I'm not yet 100% certain of who will get my vote, but let's just say the incumbants don't have much of a chance. This became even more clear to me after seeing Mayor McCheese's edorsements on Twitter. If he's for 'em then I am agin 'em.

#36 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Young
Coleman
Thornton-Joe
Madoff
Hall
Helps
Kimpton
Luton

More than a couple and understatement of the year.

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Fugger, I hear you, but I also think the list is a bit weak, and there is no way I'm gonna vote for less than 8.

I know that I disagree with most of what Madoff stands for, but I like her passion, she gained all my respect when she participated by speaker-phone for that one meeting, when she was in Toronto.

Luton, kind of the same thing. He works hard.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#38 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

^I'm put off by Luton's smugness on the bridge issue.

I'm thinking Lucas might get knocked off this time around. Without support from the Greens or Dean's team I wonder if he might get replaced. Some people are saying Isitt might have the votes but I would prefer Gudgeon. She seems sensible and credible.

#39 aaroninvictoria

aaroninvictoria
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Young
Coleman
Thornton-Joe
Madoff
Hall
Helps
Kimpton
Luton

I am going to take this as a big compliment... Thanks.
@aaroninvictoria aka @aaronhallcooks

#40 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

While I was voting 4 Robin Kimpton in any case , I have to say that as a person who has been typically connected with " the word " on the street I cant find any one who says they are voting with a strong incumbent slate.
I voted early and went with all new faces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)