• LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

www.davidrand.me

Press Release: David Rand Announces
School District 61 Board Candidacy
For Immediate Release:
October 14th, 2011
askdavid@davidrand.me

Victoria, BC – David Rand, a long time children and families advocate from Victoria has announced his candidacy for the School District 61 Board.

Today he released the following statement to the media.

I am announcing today I am running for the School District 61 Board and as a proud South Island resident, parent of four, grandfather of four and taxpayer; I am very impressed by the quality of education in the district. However, are we confident as a greater community we are delivering all that we should be bringing in a manner that best serves all stakeholders? Is there flexibility in place to address the changing needs of our community? When was the last time someone initiated a discussion or white paper that closely examined the needs of those within our district? Or for that matter the Province?
As a newly elected school trustee, one of my top priorities will be to encourage a board initiative to review all facets of education culminating in a report that can offer insight into our present operations and where we see ourselves in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users