- - - - -

Payless Gas 500 Bay St Closed?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Gas station is closed. I assume permanently because it was fenced off with a sign referring to the Shell station. Nothing about a renovation etc. I assume the car wash is/was a licence to print money. The neighbor hood is sketchy at night so this might be driving them to close rather than renovating which may need an expensive site remediation

#2 supernaut

supernaut
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Is that the last Payless left? I can't think of any others that are still running.

#3 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

Has the Spencer Road location closed? And isn't there a location on Goldstream near "downtown" Langford as well?

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

Gas station is closed. I assume permanently because it was fenced off with a sign referring to the Shell station. Nothing about a renovation etc. I assume the car wash is/was a licence to print money. The neighbor hood is sketchy at night so this might be driving them to close rather than renovating which may need an expensive site remediation

I thought something was up when they went from 24 hours to late-night hours (11PM?) late last year.

The station was becoming so run down that it's not a surprise it was closed.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Has the Spencer Road location closed? And isn't there a location on Goldstream near "downtown" Langford as well?

It's been a Shell for a while (long enough that I can barely recall it being a Payless), and no, the only gas stations on Goldstream are the Chevron at VMP and the Co-Op at Jacklin.

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

It has been closed for awhile. The will be removing the tanks and leveling the site it will then have to be left alone for two years.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Despite the fact the property is in the middle of an industrial area, it's technically waterfront other than Bay Street running between it and the shore. A larger project on that site would have some great views of the city.

Just saying...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users