- - - - -

[Central Saanich] Terry Siklenka | Councillor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TERRY SIKLENKA

TERRY SIKLENKA
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

My name is Terry Siklenka and I am seeking re-election to Central Saanich Council on November 19,

You can find all the information for my campaign on my site (www.terryforcouncil.ca) including how to connect with me on Facebook and Twitter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for this opportunity to introduce myself. If you have any questions about my candidacy or the work we have done over the last three years in Central Saanich please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
Terry Siklenka
Councillor, District of Central Saanich

#2 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Is this councillor on paid leave in the Cayman Islands?
By Bill Cleverley And Katherine Dedyna, Times Colonist November 24, 2012

http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz2DAzIRuyw

Questions are being raised about the whereabouts of Central Saanich councillor Terry Siklenka, who is apparently working in the Cayman Islands while on paid leave from his council duties.

Council members - who approved the six-month paid leave, worth almost almost $6,000 on Nov. 5 - could get some answers as soon as Monday, said Mayor Alastair Bryson.

The Cayman connection arose when Central Saanich resident and blogger Ryan Windsor stumbled across the website for Polar Bear Air Conditioning while seeking an updated photo of Siklenka to use in a post about his extended absence from Central Saanich council.

When Windsor called Polar Bear, he was told Siklenka had been employed there full time for two months.

Attempts by Windsor to speak directly to Siklenka failed when the councillor complained of a bad connection, he said. Other calls were not put through.

However, after Windsor blogged about Siklenka's Cayman Islands job on the Saanich Voice Online website, a person claiming to be Siklenka posted on a Brentwood Bay group page on Facebook, saying that the company he is working for is doing good work.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Bernard also asked Councillor Jensen what his thoughts were on Siklenka's paid leave of absence.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Bernard asked Councillor Jensen what his thoughts were on Siklenka's paid leave of absence.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users