Photo

Mill Hill Park

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:45 PM

I live very close to Mill Hill Park. Really, really close--my backyard ends and the park starts, though I've only now figured out where, thanks to the link on this forum to the CRD aerial maps. I'll stop trying to landscape the park. :)

It's a great place to walk the dog--nice trails, very woodsy. Once in a while I make it to the top for the view, usually up the western side, then walk down the wider path. (And doing so hurts my knees--getting old.) I haven't walked/hiked to Thetis Lake from the Atkins Road side, but I'd like to give it a try.

Haven't seen a cougar, but lots of deer, Stellar's jays, and squirrels. Some racoons, too.

You get a nice view of the Langford development taking place from the summit.

This last spring, I finally saw the elusive calypso orchid, as well. I'm sure the other fellow walking his dog was wondering what I was doing down below the path, carefully lying not on the plants, with the camera at ground level. Amateur photography can leave one feeling rather goofy.

#2 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

got pictures to show us?
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#3 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

Most are on a CD somewhere, but here's one:

#4 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:23 PM

Wow! Gorgeous flower.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:52 PM

Whoa, we have orchids here?

That's nutty.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:15 AM

Beautiful!
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#7 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

We use to have those in broadmead when I grew up there....we use to call them lady slippers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users