BUILT
Promontory
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: 83 Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 21
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse, townhome)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Promontory is a 21-storey residential tower consisting of 174 condo units and three townhomes. The tower is si... (view full profile)
Learn more about Promontory on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Promontory at Bayview | Condos | 21-floors | Built - completed in 2014

Condo

• Please log in to reply
3253 replies to this topic

#101 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

new photo of the promontory (victoria, bc) model from buzzbuzzhome:

http://www.buzzbuzzh...t-bayview-place

. .

#102 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

The website is also claiming that 25% of the suites were sold on opening weekend, which seems to represent a pretty decent *start* to sales. :)

#103 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

50 Units sold as of yesterday. I was considering buying one - the pre-sale prices are solid given a parking spot is included but 20% down within the first year....having that much cash locked up for three years is a bit much.

Only had to put down 5% on the834.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#104 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Condos Hot Again on Songhees
Andrew A Duffy, Times Colonist
August 11, 2011
http://www.timescolo...9522/story.html
If the Victoria condominium market was getting a little congested, someone forgot to tell Bosa Properties[...]

#105 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

50 Units sold as of yesterday. I was considering buying one - the pre-sale prices are solid given a parking spot is included but 20% down within the first year....having that much cash locked up for three years is a bit much.

Only had to put down 5% on the834.

There are now 57 sales, and the project could start this fall with a 21-month buildout, so your money would only be locked up for 2 years? ;)

#106 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

If construction is to start as early as this fall the tendering process should be well under way or is in the very early stages. Does anyone (concorde?) know what the status of the tendering process is?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#107 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Views from the various floors:
http://www.bosaprope...cture_views.php

The higher floors would seem to be about even with the top of Camosack Manor on the other side of town.

The highest floors seem to be very high when you're looking back in the direction of Dockside Green.

City views are only partial until about the 12th floor or so.

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

63 units at Promontory have now sold, or roughly 36%. Construction is to start this December and wrap up by January 2014.

Phase 3, a 17-storey tower, is in the works and is zoned for up to 194 units.

What's particularly interesting is that work on the Roundhouse is progressing and Peter Gaby of DFH Real-Estate says that the project will start within two to three years.

City’s tallest building, a luxury marina and BMW dealership among latest projects in Victoria West
By Mike Kozakowski, VibrantVictoria.ca
http://vibrantvictor...-victoria-west/

Once an epicenter of heavy industrial operations and a maritime industry mecca, Victoria West’s (Vic West for short) waterfront properties have undergone a multi-decade transformation into desirable residential and commercial nodes across the harbour from downtown Victoria. Although the pace of construction throughout the south Island has slowed over the last two years, development activity in Vic West remains strong as home buyers continue to flock to a neighbourhood surrounded by the sea and within easy reach of urban amenities. [Read more]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#109 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

63 units at Promontory have now sold, or roughly 36%.

With those prices, I'm not surprised. Well priced, seemingly good quality.

Just not sure I'd want to be 20 stories up when the impending megathrust hits :o

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#110 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

With those prices, I'm not surprised. Well priced, seemingly good quality.

Just not sure I'd want to be 20 stories up when the impending megathrust hits :o

If the megathrust is big enough to bring down the Promontory, then we would be looking at 50,000+ dead in Victoria. A quake has never brought down a new building anywhere in the first world.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#111 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

Not sure if Chile is considered first world or not. (I don't really care for the term anyway) But there was the O-higgins tower.

A group of engineers from Canada studied the Chile earthquake and concluded that many oddly shaped, non-squarish, glassy towers, such as the ones in Vancouver might be at serious risk during a major quake.

#112 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

#113 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

Surveyors were on-site today doing their thing.

Know it all.

#114 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

you can see one of them hiding in my second pic

#115 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Not sure if this article has already been mentioned:

Now, for the first time, Bosa has crossed the Strait of Georgia to build a highrise tower near Victoria’s Inner Harbour in the master-planned community of Bayview Place.

Read more: http://www.calgaryhe...l#ixzz1YMO43Whw

Bosa was the developer of the Manhattan on Yates Street, yes?

The first residence to go up was Bayview One, a low-rise brick building with spacious floor plans, high-end appliances and — almost unheard of, for Victoria at least — amenities such as air conditioning, 24-hour security and concierge service.

Shoal Point has those things, yes? And Oswego*? And Parkside*? Don't a lot of the pricier retirement homes have them, too? Come to think of it, doesn't the Rockland condo building right beside Camosack Manor have those things? Or am I misunderstanding the term "concierge"? Maybe I am.

*no air conditioning in Parkside or Oswego, as noted in several travel reviews

Something that jumped out at me in this 2004 TC article about the remediation of the Manhattan on Yates Street: an 11th-floor unit is referred to as an "ocean-view apartment".
http://www.civil.uwa...ky_BC_Condo.pdf

#116 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

^ Why did that jump out at you? You can see the ocean from the 6th floor of the Manhattan, I'm sure - we could from the 6th floor of Sutton East.

#117 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

I'm not doubting you, as I'm quite familiar with the 10th floor view from another building in Harris Green, but I'm also not quite so willing to accept the label "ocean view apartment" in this instance. It strikes me as a misrepresentation of the true location of the apartment and its actual proximity to the ocean.

I could say the place I'm living in now is an "ocean view" apartment. I can see a bit of the ocean in the winter when the trees have no leaves, if I lean way out over the balcony railing.

#118 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think the view from Harris Green is a big draw to a lot of people. The Strait and the mountains are spectacular from our place, despite there being a few buildings in our view as well. I certainly would not hesitate to say we have an "ocean view" just because it is a 25 minute walk to the ocean.

#119 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

I'll have to concede the point since I haven't actually seen the view from the apartment in question. Perhaps the ocean view is indeed so obvious and impressive that I would agree about the validity of the "ocean view" label.

But I'll close by recalling the innumerable kerfuffles we've read about on the tourism thread re: ocean views and/or harbour views that didn't satisfy expectations.

#120 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,727 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

...I'll close by recalling the innumerable kerfuffles we've read about on the tourism thread re: ocean views and/or harbour views that didn't satisfy expectations.

What did you expect to see from a window in Torquay? Vesuvius erupting at dawn? Herds of wildebeasts sweeping majestcally across the plain? :P

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users