BUILT
Paradise Falls, phase 1
Uses: subdivision, townhome
Address: Bombardier Crescent
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The first phase of Paradise Falls, released in 2014, consists of 13 townhomes, six smallFootprint homes™ and... (view full profile)
Learn more about Paradise Falls, phase 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Westhills | 5,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#41 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Back when Google visited the region Westhill's access roads were still under construction. It's sort of neat how using streetview allows you to see which roads have been built since circa 2010.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Westhills, guys, Westhills!

:)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Here is the condo project going up at Westhills.

Know it all.

#44 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

^Son of The Wing!
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#45 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Westhills overall is a shamble IMO. I am very concerned for people buying there and hoping their place retains value.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#46 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Why is that?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#47 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

GlenHeights is the first condo building at West Hills.

Know it all.

#48 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nice to see a couple of trees remaining at least....

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#49 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Nice to see a couple of trees remaining at least....

Until the next windstorm causes them to crash on the houses below. It doesn't look like much remains to anchor them anymore.

#50 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Why is that?

It is akin to a less mobile, mobile home park.

It has a whole new look!

#51 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

It is akin to a less mobile, mobile home park.

:D

#52 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

:D

Here, here!!!!

#53 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

GlenHeights is the first condo building at West Hills.

I really like this steel (aluminum?) fencing (foreground) we see around lots now. I think it's a smart choice, so much nicer than a wood fence (background) that'll need maintenance help in 10-15 years.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#54 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

I really like this steel (aluminum?) fencing (foreground) we see around lots now. I think it's a smart choice, so much nicer than a wood fence (background) that'll need maintenance help in 10-15 years.

Oh, sure. Tell it to these people:

http://www.globaltvb...0082/story.html

metal gates in front of people's homes have begun disappearing all over East Vancouver, and some are already turning up in scrap yards.

One resident, who said her parents had their gate stolen on Wednesday, and her sister noticed many homes along East 77th had also suffered a similar fate.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#55 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Oh, sure. Tell it to these people:

http://www.globaltvb...0082/story.html

I don't think that scrap-yard manager will win any customer-service merit awards soon. ;)

They need to install those screws like they use in washroom stalls, they only turn one way or require a very special tool to loosen them.

Getting back on topic, I think I need to go out to Westhills and take a look at the whole area before I can pass judgement on the place.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#56 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

If even a moderate size earthquake hits in the next 10-15 years I think fence maintenance will be the least of the worries to the folks in that part of Westhills.:eek:

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

If even a moderate size earthquake hits in the next 10-15 years I think fence maintenance will be the least of the worries to the folks in that part of Westhills.:eek:

You know the chances of that are like 1 in 20,000 or worse? OT, but I wish someone would publish actual earthquake damage estimates. Everyone always likes to say "it's not when, but if", but the chances of a huge quake hitting once specific area hard enough to create lots of damages is very, very, very small. Look at Christchurch, even that quake hit a small area of the city only. So yes, one is going to hit BC real bad in the next 50 or 75 years, but the chance of it being old town Victoria is very small, and a quake that does damage there will not do much to an area just 10 or 15 km away.

#58 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

You know the chances of that are like 1 in 20,000 or worse...

What I was suggesting (apparently not very successfully) is that based on that photo, it looks like it wouldn't take much more than the rumble of a large-ish truck to bring those condos and the houses built on those rock piles crashng down. Langford has lost at least one house built too close to a cliffside just from strong winter rains alone. Much of this looks like it could go the same way; although maybe that photo is just taken from a particularly dangerous angle.

#59 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

As long as the condo foundation is properly screwed to the bedrock I'm sure it will be fine.

#60 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

I don't think that scrap-yard manager will win any customer-service merit awards soon. ;)

They need to install those screws like they use in washroom stalls, they only turn one way or require a very special tool to loosen them.

Getting back on topic, I think I need to go out to Westhills and take a look at the whole area before I can pass judgement on the place.

But then you would be required to hire someone to put your fence in.

It has a whole new look!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users