UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Black and White
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1033 Cook Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 6
Condo units: 75 (1BR, 2BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 1BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Black and White is a six-storey mixed-used development with five residential levels above a ground floor comme... (view full profile)
Learn more about Black and White on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Black and White | Condos; commercial | 6-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
782 replies to this topic

#781 Dinya

Dinya
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the pictures shoeflack!  I dunno, from that last picture, at least to me it definitely looks too small of a lane to not hit the curb when going straight or turning.

#782 IPH

IPH
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:50 AM

I walked by here last night and the curb lines up pretty well with the curb to the north on the other side of Fort St.  These lanes have always been a bit tight so don't think it has changed much if any.  I also noticed that the center line as you approach the intersection from the south actual splits and there is a small painted median between the north and south bound lanes on the south side of Fort.  The City could borrow some of this space to shift the two north bound lanes a smidge to the West to make them wider if they wanted to.

This would create a slight jog in the alignment of the intersection but nowhere near as bad as Fort and Foul Bay for instance.  Besides, then the intersection would be Akimbo just like the building!

#783 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the pictures shoeflack!  I dunno, from that last picture, at least to me it definitely looks too small of a lane to not hit the curb when going straight or turning.

Like I said, they have built out the sidewalk to what previously existed. So the only thing different about the through lanes now than before construction will be some new pavement. Looks can certainly be deceiving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users