• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:18 PM

Jan 12th, Friday.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:30 PM

Is there enough weed on the Island to satisfy Snoop and his posse?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

Wow, thats awesome!!

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

Ice Cube as back up, now I'm hearing...
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

Ice Cube as back up, now I'm hearing...

EDIT: yup.

http://www.selectyou...m/victoria.html

#6 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

Awesome.

#7 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:45 PM

Damn straight! I'm sooo there!

Ice Cube on a friday! SO cool!

My boyfriend was Cube's chef this past summer, as he filmed his latest movie in town here.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:33 AM

Snoop got arrested last night, and is to be arraigned on January 11th, the day before he is to appear here.

#9 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:43 AM

Arrested again? Ouch.
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#10 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hmm...a convicted felon with further weapons and drug charges pending. A member of his posse also arrested for possessing "burglary tools", another member with an outstanding warrant...

How are these guys planning on getting across the border?

Because he's hip with the kiddies, he'll be welcomed warmly. If he was a run-of-the-mill redneck bumpkin, I doubt he'd cross the border so easily.

I might be turning into Gregory Hartnell on this one.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#11 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

I knew they wouldnt make it! Good thing I didnt get tickets. I bought tickets to Nelly Furtado instead... yeah, shoot me now.

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

Gregory Hartnell, where art thou?

...so, word is he got caught with weed and coke.

Scratch the SOFMC show.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

Wasn't Martha Stewart denied entry to Canada because of her conviction? What's good for the Martha should be good for the Dog, no? Or is there a double standard here?
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:09 PM

Wasn't Martha Stewart denied entry to Canada because of her conviction? What's good for the Martha should be good for the Dog, no? Or is there a double standard here?

No, Martha applied for, and received the necessary exemption - pretty standard practice for non-violent, non-drug crimes. Snoops stuff, dunno how he would be allowed. This article is in not quite right. The truth is that originally she had not applied for the exemption - therefore would have been denied access.

http://www.realitytv... ... 004994.php

#15 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

^ Thanks, VHF, I didn't know that.

But can she rap? :lol:
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:16 PM

...but she can wrap!

Ok ok...bad joke. I'm outta here...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#17 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

No, that was actually really good!

Why didn't I think of that? :-D

#18 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:08 PM

/groan
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#19 Gregory Hartnell

Gregory Hartnell
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

+++

I believe that I already cited this character in another post as an exemplar of the type of trash culture that Victoria taxpayers should not be subsidizing through their taxes to pay for the arena. The SOFMC is owned by all citizens in Victoria, and that is the prime reason that I bother to get involved in these types of discussions. If the building were not publicly owned, I would say nothing about whether he should play there or not.

If he wanted to play at some sleazy private nightclub, that would be a more appropriate venue, I suppose, but in any event the discussion seems to be academic, what with his well-publicized problems...

+++

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:24 PM

+++

I believe that I already cited this character in another post as an exemplar of the type of trash culture that Victoria taxpayers should not be subsidizing through their taxes to pay for the arena. The SOFMC is owned by all citizens in Victoria, and that is the prime reason that I bother to get involved in these types of discussions. If the building were not publicly owned, I would say nothing about whether he should play there or not.

If he wanted to play at some sleazy private nightclub, that would be a more appropriate venue, I suppose, but in any event the discussion seems to be academic, what with his well-publicized problems...

+++

Who is to decide on who is "too sleazy" to play a show here? Should we have a board to judge the character of each performer? What about a US president that not only lied to his wife, but to an entire nation about what he did in public office (and in the public office, literally)? We let him show up here.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users