Snoop at SOFMC

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

Ok, Mr. Hartnell, let's role play. It's very easy to throw the "trash" label at performers you dislike but let's pretend that you are Mayor. How would you implement your new "anti-trash" regulations? Would you strike a committee? How would the members of this committee be chosen? What are the parameters?

We've all heard your complaints--let's hear your solutions.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#22 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:42 AM

Sleaze, I think you may have mislabelled the performer, you know what I think is sleazy, when religious orginizations, make some poor soul looking for redemption walk the streets of the city soliciting people to join they're religion, any way they can. Now that is sleazy, have you fought against that sleaze?

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:13 PM

So, any solutions, Mr. Hartnell?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

I guess he thought if he was mayor than he would get to choose. Mayor Lowe is down with Snoop.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#25 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:52 PM

^Don't you know "trash" culture has links to big racketeering and organized crime?

Why, here's Mayor Lowe seen with a big racket.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#26 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

"This mayoral appearance brought to you by Wilson-brand tennis products."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

Just talked to an official from RG. Snoop is in the country.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#28 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

I assume that the bus sized motorhome that is still idling on Humboldt St by the Mariott which was being unloaded when I went by just before 2 is Snoop and his troupe..

Edit: 8:00 pm Wonder why there are two parking tickets on it?

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

Some nice bus with Florida plates overnighted on Caledonia with its generators running all night.

Show was packed, lots of pot in the air, as soon as you walked in.

I got a more aggressive pat-down when I went to the Hip. I coulda packed all kinds of heat into the rink last night.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#30 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

Isn't there some sort of plug-in for buses so they aren't idling all night? That bus probably spewed a week's worth of emissions for a regular car.

Mike Devlin gave Snoop an insanely rave review. I'm SURE Mike wasn't stoned, either. :roll:

So, I assume accused felons are allowed across the border. I was wondering before what the rules were.

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

http://www.canadaeas... ... leID=88451

....Just how does it work? What criminal convictions will keep you out and how can you get let in? One answer is absolute - any criminal conviction makes you "inadmissible" in the eyes of the Canadian Border Services Agency. "A criminal record is a criminal record," CBSA spokeswoman Jennifer Morrison said yesterday.

However, Canada gives its frontline border officers the authority to make a determination on the spot on whether or not someone should be allowed to enter the country. Morrison said the officers' professional judgments were rooted firmly in laws and policy directives.

"Every person is a unique situation and it has to be determined by the officer," she said, pointing out it is not just celebrities who get exemptions.

Officers look at everything from purpose of the visit - attending a funeral for instance - to the degree of criminality of the person. If, for example, you are a war criminal or a terrorist, it won't matter how many funerals you want to attend.

The length of time that has passed since your last conviction can also play some role in the determination, though Morrison said there is no established formula. Snoop Dogg's last conviction was over a dozen years ago and his acquittal - which it must be emphasized was just that, an acquittal - on the murder charge was in 1996. This fall, he has been arrested twice for possessing illegal firearms and once for having a collapsible police baton, but he is innocent unless proven guilty and those matters haven't yet come to court.

As for Snoop Dogg's arrest in the homicide, that his bodyguard McKinley Lee gunned down a 20-year-old gang member in a drive-by shooting while Dogg was at the wheel of a vehicle in 1994 was not disputed. A jury, however, acquitted both men on the grounds of self-defence, finding they feared for their lives because the man had pointed a gun at them.

Snoop Dogg's 10-city Canadian tour is in support of his newest CD Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, which some have called an homage to the notorious street gang the L.A. Crips. The Crips' gang colour is blue, and blue bandannas are what Crips traditionally wear to distinguish themsleves from other gangs. In pictures on the CD's cover and liner notes, Dogg wears blue paisley and a female companion in one photo wears a bikini that is essentially three blue bandannas sewn together. The compact disc itself is painted to look like a blue bandanna.

While Snoop Dogg has said "tha blue carpet treatment" is merely a humourous twist on the "red carpet treatment" celebrities routinely get, the "blue carpet treatment" has been alleged to be a Crips form of punishment, in which gang members roll up someone they judge to be in need of correction into a carpet and beat them.

A Times & Transcript reporter tried to confirm this with a call to gang experts at the Los Angeles Police Department, but in a surprising twist, the LAPD's media relations department referred the reporter to the official website of the Crips, saying the gang itself would be the best source of that information.

To access the Crips website you have to e-mail a webmaster for special directions to find your way to it in the cyber world. Attempts to do so failed yesterday.

Snoop Dogg has acknowledged that as the young Calvin Broadus he was a member of the gang but says he is no longer part of e organization.

Snoop Dogg's concert and tour are expected to do well. The rapper's CD Doggy Style was the first debut album to ever enter the charts at number one and he has sold close to 20 million albums since that 1993 debut. He has also parlayed his fame into acting gigs and a line of softcore sex videos.

#32 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

^Thanks for that. From a purely technical standpoint I guess he's a pretty low risk--no more than the pro athletes that cross our borders daily.

But I do have a problem with the glamourization of gang culture. Nothing like seducing bored teens with cool coloured pieces of cloth, unusual clothing, rousing music and anti-establishment diatribes. [url=http://www.histclo.com/youth/youth/image/imgnat/girlsleas.jpg:b0f8f]No possible harm there, eh[/url:b0f8f]?

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

^ He he

#34 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

But definely keep your eye out for Martha Stewart. You never know what kind of advice she may give or receive if she ever returns to Canada.

#35 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

/shudder
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#36 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

Wonder if a recruiting event was held at the Snnoop Ice Cube after concert party that I saw advertised at Legends for Jan 12, 2007..

#37 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:28 AM

You mean this party??

#38 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

That's the one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users