Photo

If a realtor is providing Private Client Services (PCS) or Matrix (a brand of PCS) listings is it appropriate to use another realtor as a buying agent?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 trex

trex
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

If a realtor is providing PCS or Matrix listings is it appropriate to use another realtor as a buying agent?
In other words does providing PCS or Matrix account create a realtor/customer relationship with ensuing purchasing obligations?

#2 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

If a realtor is providing PCS or Matrix listings is it appropriate to use another realtor as a buying agent?
In other words does providing PCS or Matrix account create a realtor/customer relationship with ensuing purchasing obligations?

Hello Trex,

Can you please clarify the question to a further extent....

- Does the REALTOR® providing PCS or Matrix listings have a contract with the buyer?

- Is the REALTOR® providing PCS or Matrix listings showing the buyer homes?

- Is the REALTOR® providing PCS or Matrix listings providing any other services to the buyer?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#3 trex

trex
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hello Trex,

Can you please clarify the question to a further extent....

- Does the REALTOR® providing PCS or Matrix listings have a contract with the buyer?

- Is the REALTOR® providing PCS or Matrix listings showing the buyer homes?

- Is the REALTOR® providing PCS or Matrix listings providing any other services to the buyer?

Hi Marko,

Lets assume that the realtor is simply providing PCS.
No face to face discussions have taken place, no contract, and the PCS account was set up after an email request for PCS and nothing else.

Does this create a "working relationship" and a moral (if not legal) obligation to use the realtor in any future transactions?

#4 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

^Welcome to Vibrant Victoria trex. Could you please type out in full the words that your acronyms portray before you use an acronym. Some people might not know what you are talking about.

So for starters PCS and Matrix need a definition.

Thanks

#5 trex

trex
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

^Welcome to Vibrant Victoria trex. Could you please type out in full the words that your acronyms portray before you use an acronym. Some people might not know what you are talking about.

So for starters PCS and Matrix need a definition.

Thanks

Hi Sparky

PCS stands for private client services.
Matrix is a brand name of a service much like PCS.
Both provide real estate listings much like MLS.ca(multiple listing services).
PCS and Matrix can be set up to provide information on specific types of residences to a subscriber.
PCS and Matrix tend to provide much more data than MLS like; days on market, listing price, sold price, dates of prices changes etc.
Only a licensed realtor can allow you access to PCS or Matrix and not all realtors are willing to do so.
Marko can provide much more info on this topic as he is a realtor and I am not.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for clarifying, trex. I was wondering what the PCS and Matrix stuff was all about.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

I was wondering what the PCS and Matrix stuff was all about.

As a computer and A/V guy, when I first read it I was wondering why on earth would someone be asking a realtor about "Precision Colour System". :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#8 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Just to add to Trex's explanation. The reason buyer's choose be setup on a PCS/Matrix account is they receive a lot more information than MLS® provides and buyer’s receive new listings within hours versus waiting one or two days until they are uploaded to realtor.ca. With a PCS/Matrix account the buyer also has better criteria to choose from in searching for their home. I.E. For example, you can search for homes ONLY on corner lots.

#9 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi Marko,

Lets assume that the realtor is simply providing PCS.
No face to face discussions have taken place, no contract, and the PCS account was set up after an email request for PCS and nothing else.

Does this create a "working relationship" and a moral (if not legal) obligation to use the realtor in any future transactions?

In my opinion only, the PCS or Matrix does not create a buyer/client relationship.

Looking through a form called "BUYER AGENCY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT" it notes the "The Buyer has requested that the Buyer’s Brokerage assist the Buyer in the purchase of a property and in consideration of that assistance the Buyer acknowledges, understands, covenants and agrees that:"

I would argue that in emailing a request for a PCS you are not asking for assistance from the Buyer's Brokerage (or the REALTOR®) in purchasing a property. I've seen REALTORS® set random people up on their laptop at open houses - this does not constitute a buyer agency acknowledgement either in my opinion.

If you are concerned an option might be to cancel (or unsubscribe) a PCS account before entering into buyer's agency with another REALTOR®.

*The above does not constitute legal advice*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users